Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m still waiting for my car, but I saw one today driving around North Seattle. The blue looks really good!

·
Proud FE owner
994 Posts

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts
I find they don't (in a week of daily thus far), and I'm fine with that as I was looking for more anonymity this go-around. And no one this time is going to question me at a gas station. :ROFLMAO:

At a casual glance most likely think it's just another Tiguan and don't look closer and/or wouldn't recognize the difference anyway. ;)
When I drive around in my ID4 I often wonder if anyone apart from forum members would notice me 🤣

·
ID.4 1st Glacier White w/Lunar Gray - order 9/23
131 Posts
It's only been 3 days and 150mi, but I've had exactly 2 instances where I caught others checking the vehicle out:
1) Big, dirty work truck with 2 guys learing down and checking out the white interior - you can image what they were thinking about the color scheme.
2) Older Tesla Model S passed by, slowed down, went around behind and around again on the right - I figure they had SUV envy.

Otherwise, no signs that anybody has a clue - 😁

·
Proud FE owner
994 Posts
Had a really funny double-head snap by two guys walking towards me in Redmond, WA. Had, the appearance of an "oh crap! That's an ID.4!" look. This a very concentrated EV area where Teslas blend in.

I later stopped to pickup a trunk liner at a (different) dealership that had a VoA ID.4 demo going on and nobody seemed to notice.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Of course, if the ID.4 turns out to be as popular as some say, they will soon be as common as the Beetle and no one will give them a second glance, but that's ok with me. Many of us have bought head-turner cars that got real attention for a year or so and then no one cared. Now I like a nice car, but I don't need the extra attention.

·
58 Posts
Of course, if the ID.4 turns out to be as popular as some say, they will soon be as common as the Beetle and no one will give them a second glance, but that's ok with me. Many of us have bought head-turner cars that got real attention for a year or so and then no one cared. Now I like a nice car, but I don't need the extra attention.
My team’s 1995 VR6 Jetta still turns heads but not in the traditional way:

·
ID.4 FE Blue
138 Posts
My wife got tons of questions from another dad in the school pickup line while waiting for the kids to come out. She said „you need to talk to my husband“ 😀.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
In the past 7 days I have seen 4, count them 4, Mustang Mach E's on the road in LA, 2 just this AM on my morning drive. That is 4 more MME's than ID.4's C'mon friends! I'd help if I could.

·
Super Moderator
426 Posts
I have yet to see one but my wife saw one while charging at EA

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts
I have yet to see one, and as somewhat expected no one appears to be turning their heads to see mine either, as again they likely assume it's just another Tiguan. ;)

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
921 Posts
I have yet to see one, and as somewhat expected no one appears to be turning their heads to see mine either, as again they likely assume it's just another Tiguan. ;)
We had an electric car show over the weekend. Lots of Tesla. Also a BMW, Clarity, Bolt, Prius. Some Mercedes thing that I hadn't even known existed.

Most people had not yet seen the ID.4 yet in person, but most had heard of it. Lots of Tesla owners had seen the Munroe videos, and thus were kind of misinformed. Hybrid owners were imagining their next car being a full-on BEV, and were looking at their options. Lots of people were surprised at how large the thing was. One person had test drove the ID.4 demo car that came in to the same dealer on the same truck as mine.

·
Proud FE owner
994 Posts
I've yet to see one in motion, but I have spotted a twin at an EA charger. I get a fair amount of curious looks and alongside views on the highway (sucks when they sit in your blind spot). Had one guy run after me leaving a Target and a Subaru owner who spent 10 minutes in the rain taking in different angles while parked waiting for my daughter on Saturday.

I think it will be a little more incognito when the dealer paper plates come off and I finally get to put my VLTSWGN vanity plates on.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts

We have a new ID4 in our neighborhood. I've seen it several times at the local grocery store. Helps the wait when I see one in the wild

·
45 Posts
I saw one day 1 in the wild and informed my sales guy during my double check, but he then said that it was probably the sister dealerships demo model. That made sense. Haven't spotted one since.

I have had a couple of gawkers since having the car. Twice now at the EA charging station at the mall. When I brought my car in for the double check, one guy getting his car serviced stopped dead in his tracks and asked what this was and was interested in snagging one.

·
554 Posts
Every time I pass the VW dealership (maybe twice a week) on US RT40 in Catonsville, MD, I honk my miserable FE horn. If someone is outside they sometimes wave back.

·
2021 1st
776 Posts
Had someone standing in their yard when I was getting out of the car and he asked me what year it was. Told him it was a '21 and he just said that's a really nice looking car. He didn't have any idea it was an EV. Just thought it was interesting that someone was impressed by the look of it as just a normal car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts