Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
3,901 Posts
Scale silver (or any silver) is really the best color imho to somewhat mask the dried salt spray of Winter driving and dust/pollen at other times of the year. But the US 1st Edition didn't come in same, so ....

However not all silver colors are appealing. In my experience Audi Ice Silver was very nice but their current Florette is bland.

From photo's the Scale Silver looks nice, but then so did Florette until the first time I actually saw it in the flesh. 🤷‍♂️

And we all have differing sensory perceptions.

·
VW e-Golf 2019, VW ID.4 Pro Performance arriving in summer, maybe.
96 Posts
I have never seen this Scale Silver in real life. In the pictures the color seems to vary a bit, sometimes looks silver and sometimes something else. Is it just my eyes fooling me?

·
59 Posts
I have never seen this Scale Silver in real life. In the pictures the color seems to vary a bit, sometimes looks silver and sometimes something else. Is it just my eyes fooling me?
It varies more so than the other colors depending on the angles and lighting, which was the reason why my wife and I chose the scale silver ID.4.
Our initial choice of color was the moonstone gray, but when we saw the scale silver in person, we liked it more.

·
59 Posts
It all depends on personal preference and taste, but I liked it when I saw it in person for the first time. I live in So. Cal and it gets pretty hot during summer, so the grayish colors work better for me than black. Also, I've had black seats/interior on most of the cars I've owned for the past 33+ years and the gray color combo was neat. There isn't an actual "black" cloth option to compare against, but I think you might like it better than the photo. Black cloth probably wouldn't match the rest of the interior as nicely either, IMO. (y)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts