Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I have done this a few times with the power on and doors closed: Set the seat and mirrors to where you want them to be. Press the "Set button" then the 1 or 2 memory button. You should hear the confirmation chime almost immediately. Same for passenger seat except there was no confirmation chime.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This doesn't work for me. I hear the beep, but if I move the seat (to test), it just moves back slightly. Repeating this just keeps the seat moving back in increments.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
This doesn't work for me. I hear the beep, but if I move the seat (to test), it just moves back slightly. Repeating this just keeps the seat moving back in increments.
Ok, If you attempt to move the seat from OUTSIDE(not in the seat to be moved) the car just pressing the memory button once with fully adjust the seat to your preset position. If you are INSIDE and seated in the seat you must press and HOLD the button otherwise it will move just a small amount to the chosen position.

It took me a while to figure all this out but a kind person on here gave me the same step by step instructions. Please post your success or not

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Success! Manual is useless in this issue. Now on to windshield wipers!?!
If you have the automatic wipers the stalk should be one click down (in the intermittent position). The automatic wipers will adjust for speed and rain. Rear wiper is turned on with a pull to the rear.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
396 Posts
Success! Manual is useless in this issue. Now on to windshield wipers!?!
From the owner’s manual, which is what artgpo mentioned 🤷🏻‍♂️:

Recalling driver's seat and outside mirror settings
  • When the vehicle is stationary, the ignition is switched off, and a door is open, press the respective memory button briefly. After approximately ten minutes, the stored positions can no longer be adjusted automatically. The adjustment process will be canceled if one of the memory buttons is pressed again.

OR: when the ignition is switched on or the door is closed, press and hold the respective memory button until the stored position is reached.

But glad you figure it out. For the rain-sending wipers, you just move the wiper stalk one notch down to the intermittent setting. The little toggle switch on top of the end of the wiper stalk adjusts the sensitivity of the rain sensor. This is also mentioned pretty clearly in the manual if you want to give it a gander.

·
17 Posts
Another bad idea VW. My Mazda needs only a single press of the button to activate the stored positions. What possible reason is there for what VW engineers decided to do here?

·
397 Posts
Since we are on memory seat adjustment, I have a unusual issue with the driver's seat. I can set the memory and all is fine. But when I leave and re-enter the car and am seated, the seat back position is off slightly and I have to touch the #1 button to have the seat back move to where I had set it. All of the other seat positions and mirrors retain their positions. Is this just another of the glitches of the ID4?

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
94 Posts
Since we are on memory seat adjustment, I have a unusual issue with the driver's seat. I can set the memory and all is fine. But when I leave and re-enter the car and am seated, the seat back position is off slightly and I have to touch the #1 button to have the seat back move to where I had set it. All of the other seat positions and mirrors retain their positions. Is this just another of the glitches of the ID4?

·
30 Posts
Há! You and I really seem to be facing the same issues! I was going to post about this very one today to see if anyone was experiencing it. I definitely am. And to me, it seems like the longer the car sits unused, the further away the seat back seems to move from its original position. I'm getting to that place of still loving this car while at the same time really regretting the purchase! This roll out may really backfire on VW, especially as they are aiming their efforts at the non-techie types with no EV experience. They are asking people to go from cars that have been around for 20 years (CR-V and RAV4), are trusted and loved, to a brand new platform and expecting everyone to just overlook these unacceptable issues.

·
17 Posts
The seat profiles seem to be tied to keyfob, but I cannot figure out how to reliably get it to work. For example yesterday went out to dinner with only my wife's key. The driver seat and mirrors were in her profile so I manually set it to mine as I was driving (press and hold 1 until everything stops moving). After dinner, we got back in the car and the seats were magically back in wife's profile. When we got home I tried to get it to do the same with my keyfob but couldn't get it to work. I got in the car, manually adjusted the seat to some random settings. Got out, locked the car, unlocked it and the seats didn't move. Tried both keyfob unlock and door handle unlock, didn't make a difference. Is this really a feature or did I stumble on some weird profile issue?

·
187 Posts
My secret that took me three months to figure out is that–after setup–you have to hold the "1 or 2" seat number button until the seat stops moving. Now, I actually have a "Charging Couch" that works. Seems un-intuitive...probably a RTFM thing.

·
30 Posts
I read somewhere that on the ID.4, there is no relationship between the different key fobs and seat settings. I don't remember where at all. So you may have stumbled into yet another software bug. Really hoping for some quality OTA updates.

The seat profiles seem to be tied to keyfob, but I cannot figure out how to reliably get it to work. For example yesterday went out to dinner with only my wife's key. The driver seat and mirrors were in her profile so I manually set it to mine as I was driving (press and hold 1 until everything stops moving). After dinner, we got back in the car and the seats were magically back in wife's profile. When we got home I tried to get it to do the same with my keyfob but couldn't get it to work. I got in the car, manually adjusted the seat to some random settings. Got out, locked the car, unlocked it and the seats didn't move. Tried both keyfob unlock and door handle unlock, didn't make a difference. Is this really a feature or did I stumble on some weird profile issue?

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
396 Posts
Another bad idea VW. My Mazda needs only a single press of the button to activate the stored positions. What possible reason is there for what VW engineers decided to do here?
If the car is off or the door open, all it takes is a brief press of the button. If the door is shut or the car is on, you have to press and hold the applicable seat memory button. This makes sense, as it’s a safety issue and having to hold the button while the car is being operated ensures you don’t accidentally choose another memory setting while driving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts