Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer got a black FE and couldn't figure out how to get the software operating since the Transport mode was on and they didn't know how to turn it off. Much of the automatic operation did not work so other than touching and sitting and examining the car, it could not be driven at the time I saw it. Now the problem: I tried adjusting the seat position until it felt right for me .....high enough to just barely see the hood and back far enough to feel comfortable with the steering wheel ( I could have moved the steering wheel a little closer and making the seat move a tad further back) but my knee kept hitting the large hump attached under the steering wheel column. This made getting out and in a difficult maneuver. I did not think that one should have to deal with this difficult adjustment. Anyone else notice this problem ??

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot another problem......the buttons inside the door handles were not uniformally responsive. The driver door handle responded with a light touch but the passenger door handle took a very strong grip. The car overall was impressive to see in person however, and looked well put together and solid.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
Speaking of seats, very pleasantly surprised that the passenger seat has full motion control similar to the driver's. The salesperson was as well, citing atypical for VW.

My wife and I just took a country drive and find the seats quite comfortable.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Huey.......you must be either very tall or very short.....you never noticed that huge hump attached to the underside of the steering coumn ??????? I couldn't avoid it !!

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
I’m 5’-10” and didn’t notice, nor have any issue getting in/out, but will look closer.

But then I’d be 6’ if my torso was more proportionately longer. 🤪

·
566 Posts
Speaking of seats, very pleasantly surprised that the passenger seat has full motion control similar to the driver's. The salesperson was as well, citing atypical for VW.

My wife and I just took a country drive and find the seats quite comfortable.
What do you think of the massage function on the seats?

·
57 Posts
In the European manual, they mentioned a convenience mode that will have the seats automatically slide back and down when the car is turned off. My Jeep has something similar and the wife and I have gotten very used to it, it makes getting in and out a breeze. Perhaps someone can check to see if it is available on the US version?

·
12 Posts
In the European manual, they mentioned a convenience mode that will have the seats automatically slide back and down when the car is turned off. My Jeep has something similar and the wife and I have gotten very used to it, it makes getting in and out a breeze. Perhaps someone can check to see if it is available on the US version?
The manual that came with my car yesterday in Florida said to turn that feature on in the infotainment system... i have searched and searches but can't find it.

I agree that the large bump under the steering column is a problem. I keep hitting my knee too

·
903 Posts
The manual that came with my car yesterday in Florida said to turn that feature on in the infotainment system... i have searched and searches but can't find it.

I agree that the large bump under the steering column is a problem. I keep hitting my knee too
I'm 6'2" and fit quite comfortably. I wish we got the thigh extension seats the EU got. I haven't noticed any issues getting in and out of the car. Since I'm 95% driving, I just set it and forget it.
I still haven't quite settled on all my "final" settings.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
I didn't even know there was a bump until a member here mentioned it. I've not had an issue. But then I've long been accustomed to the sit & rotate method, mostly so I can knock Winter sand/salt off my shoes. Perhaps that's why.
I'm only aware of the typical primary/secondary driver (1 & 2) memory seating buttons aside the front seats themselves.

The manual that came with my car yesterday in Florida said to turn that feature on in the infotainment system... i have searched and searched but can't find it.

·
1 Posts
regarding the «convenient entry» function for the seats there seems to be a bug in the software; The setting for «Seats» will render under «Car», «Inside» when the ignition is NOT on. In the Seat settings you will find switches for enable / disable convinient entry for both driver and front passenger seat. Here is the bug: The car tells you that the egnition must be on to change the setting. However, when the ignition is on the «Seat» setting button dissapears so it is no longer possible to configure convinient entry. This is probably why so many havent found this setting

·
2021 1st
874 Posts
I don't think that's a bug so much as they haven't turned it on yet (intentionally).

I'm hoping for the settings to pair with our keys more than a convenience slider.

·
220 Posts
regarding the «convenient entry» function for the seats there seems to be a bug in the software; The setting for «Seats» will render under «Car», «Inside» when the ignition is NOT on. In the Seat settings you will find switches for enable / disable convinient entry for both driver and front passenger seat. Here is the bug: The car tells you that the egnition must be on to change the setting. However, when the ignition is on the «Seat» setting button dissapears so it is no longer possible to configure convinient entry. This is probably why so many havent found this setting
@cwallervand Another forum member here found a host of such options that were available before ignition but vanishes on ignition.

·
76 Posts
I have a Pro S and don't have the "convenient entry" option at all. Have been emailing with customer care(Sarah S) and she says I should have it....?

This is with the ignition on and off:

·
18 Posts
It is, you just need to get in and hit your setting you've saved, my Niro PHEV had the same function

·
2021 1st
874 Posts
It is, you just need to get in and hit your setting you've saved, my Niro PHEV had the same function
The feature being discussed is that the seats slide back and down to their maximum limit to allow the driver easier in/out access. It's different than the individual seat memory settings.

·
57 Posts
nan7, what you are describing sounds like Memory seat settings to me. Convenience mode is different, when the car is turned off it will move the seat back and down to make getting in and out easier, and then when you turn the car back on it moves the seat back to the last driving position without having to hit any buttons. My wife and I call it Last Star Fighter mode.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,931 Posts
LOL, one of my favorite movies, in large part as the first to use CGI as we now know it [albeit somewhat crudely given the early era].
"Convenience mode" is yes as you describe and typically only a luxury option.
A workaround for my wife is to select my Memory seat setting which slides it back a good deal from her petite driver configuration.
...My wife and I call it Last Star Fighter mode.

·
8 Posts
My ProS just came in! It has the feature where the seat slides back until you start the car. Manual says the "switch" to turn it on us in the Infotainment screen. But where?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts