Volkswagen ID Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
271 Posts
If the bill were to pass would you guys consider another ev other than the iD4. Like ioniq ev6 or Tesla?
3 of those 4 qualify for the Tax Credit. We are loving our ID.4 and have a second one on order. I may switch to another EV for my second one, not because of any issue with the ID.4, more that we are thinking it would best to have two different models of cars just in case of a recall or something along those lines.

·
126 Posts
3 of those 4 qualify for the Tax Credit. We are loving our ID.4 and have a second one on order. I may switch to another EV for my second one, not because of any issue with the ID.4, more that we are thinking it would best to have two different models of cars just in case of a recall or something along those lines.
I want the iD4 because it will get the 7500 at the moment of leasing. But if bill passes and the ev6 will get at point of sale the 7500 I'll be very tempted. Since is more mileage and faster charging. But is like 5k more. So I'm still be waiting for the id4

·
109 Posts
If the bill were to pass would you guys consider another ev other than the iD4. Like ioniq ev6 or Tesla?
For me it is about space. There is no EV in the market with a good full size trunk space as they all have a sloping trunk line.

Despite that reason I feel the Ioniq looks futuristic and retro at the same time but seems overall rather small. The EV6 looks nice on pictures but I don't like it in real life. The Tesla is a Tesla and is overpriced and does not have a comparable service network.
They are all cool and nice cars but the ID4 is the best package in regard to quality, serviceability, room, and price for our needs.

·
562 Posts
I want the iD4 because it will get the 7500 at the moment of leasing. But if bill passes and the ev6 will get at point of sale the 7500 I'll be very tempted. Since is more mileage and faster charging. But is like 5k more. So I'm still be waiting for the id4
That would be a substantial change for the current wording, as the EV6 is not assembled in North America nor is it’s battery, so it is likely out on multiple fronts unfortunately

·
2022 ID.4 Pro-S RWD
271 Posts
With the tax change the EV6 and Ioniq 5 would loose the credit, they won't have the Georgia factory online until 2024

·
Locked 7/13 White/ProS-G/AWD
58 Posts
2023 Bolt EUV Redline white w/ sun and sound will probably be what I go for if the $7500 goes bye bye. I'll have to drive one first. Anything over $60k is off the table for me. The ID.4 is pushing it but I remember my reaction when I first saw one in Ooltewah last year so it's my top pick at the moment. I was also relying on the Federal and State credits when placing the order so if that falls through there will be some hard decision making in the future. My wife told me just to get it anyway but it will be a tough decision and I'm not sure I could make the purchase. The older I get the more wishy washy I get.

·
26 Posts
2023 Bolt EUV Redline white w/ sun and sound will probably be what I go for if the $7500 goes bye bye. I'll have to drive one first. Anything over $60k is off the table for me. The ID.4 is pushing it but I remember my reaction when I first saw one in Ooltewah last year so it's my top pick at the moment. I was also relying on the Federal and State credits when placing the order so if that falls through there will be some hard decision making in the future. My wife told me just to get it anyway but it will be a tough decision and I'm not sure I could make the purchase. The older I get the more wishy washy I get.
I drive a 2020 Chevrolet bolt premier. I just ordered a 2023 Chevrolet bolt premier with all options! The Chevrolet bolt is your Best buy for an electric car. Outside of a few battery fires this electric car is solid 0 problems no going back to the dealer for anything except the free tire rotation. Other electric cars are way too expensive and are not worth the money right now because of their battery limitations spending 60 70 $80,000 or more for an electric car at this time is crazy they will be obsolete as the battery technology advances quickly and I don't see any of them that can be updated to newer technology!!! So if you can keep your gasoline car on the side for in case you get range anxiety taking a very once in a while trip out of town. Watch out for the DC fast charging trick these cars with 150 KW chargers built into their cars versus the 55 in the Chevy bolt don't think they're three times faster they're not even twice as fast do your research the bolt is really not that bad at all in real world charging situations!!!

121 - 129 of 129 Posts