Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Service Mode?

8742 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Huey52
Does anyone know how I got into this menu on my ID.4 FE or how it relates to the other software versions that we talk about regularly? I'm already on Version 0792 and Navigation 21.3

Right after startup, I was impatiently tapping on the screen near the Home Button and suddenly the following screen appears:

After tapping on "Start update", I got the following:

"Software update/versions" and "ITR" did nothing else.

The "HMI Versions" showed the following in a long scrollable screen:

I don't find any references in the user manual or on this site.

(Sorry for the cover bubbles and fingerprints)
See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
If you touch and hold the "home" button it comes up with that menu.
Reactions: 1
To access the menu press and hold the home button. This menu is mainly for the dealership to perform updates and checking software versions.
Reactions: 2
I鈥檓 stuck in this menu now. I got in my car this morning and this was on the screen. I can鈥檛 exit out of it. Maybe my car is doing an update? Would it let me drive it if it was? I am driving it but all I get is the service mode screen.
Mine resolved during my commute. The radio came on and CarPlay popped up. So my best guess is that I was getting an OTA update installed.
It most likely glitched out and rebooted, the OTA update (In Europe only so far) has it's own set of menus you must go through to start it.
Reactions: 1
OK, so, are you saying that the screen giving Service Mode and Software Update screens went away on their own, after the updates were installed? Did you have to prompt it to start updates? Was the car being charged or were you driving while the updates were being installed? We are getting messages that say ONLY EMERGENCY CHARGING AT THIS TIME, wo what's this about ? I am not seeing any mentions of this in the Owner's Manual...
BP
Welcome to the forum!

A number of us have seen "update" screens of late that cite some App-type OTA updates being performed in the background, but no one in the USA at this writing has received the major update we've so long been awaiting.

These current App "housekeeping" updates (EA being one of my 4 recently) are performed when one is out driving around, as the major updates were always projected to be (but now believed in-dealership initially required given presumed need for new 12V battery, etc.).

Anything else you may be seeing is a "glitch" that typically "self heals" in fairly short order. Many of us practice a very patient startup procedure and have not been bothered by same since doing so.
OK, so, are you saying that the screen giving Service Mode and Software Update screens went away on their own, after the updates were installed? Did you have to prompt it to start updates? Was the car being charged or were you driving while the updates were being installed? We are getting messages that say ONLY EMERGENCY CHARGING AT THIS TIME, wo what's this about ? I am not seeing any mentions of this in the Owner's Manual...
BP
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.