Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
88 Posts
This is great news to read, the ID4 reservation process is coming faster than I expected! Seven colors -- have the colors been listed anywhere yet?

"VW also states that as production ramps up, there will be a number of ID 4 examples reserved and arriving at dealerships for customer demonstrations." - we need to contact our dealers and find out when they are receiving ID4 demos.

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We know for sure there's red, black, and white. Any guesses what the other four could be? I'm going to guess there will be a bright silver, a charcoal gray, a metallic blue and a fun color like a bright green or orange.

·
88 Posts
We know for sure there's red, black, and white. Any guesses what the other four could be? I'm going to guess there will be a bright silver, a charcoal gray, a metallic blue and a fun color like a bright green or orange.
That appears to be a reasonable guess - red, black, white, silver, gray, blue, and one more. As far as orange or green, VW of America currently offers Habanero Orange on the Jetta. A green might be the Dark Moss green color offered on the Tiguan.

·
86 Posts
I personally would love to see the green found on the Golf Alltrack "Great Falls Green Metallic". Very classic but not very common which is what I like. Still wonder what type of deals they will have for the ID4 when it comes out. My current car a eGolf SEL had $10,000 off at the dealer however the car loan rates where high. I realize there will not be a huge discount like that, but with the current state of car sales hopefully there will be some way of getting the car payments down. I guess we will see soon enough.

·
88 Posts
I personally would love to see the green found on the Golf Alltrack "Great Falls Green Metallic". Very classic but not very common which is what I like. Still wonder what type of deals they will have for the ID4 when it comes out. My current car a eGolf SEL had $10,000 off at the dealer however the car loan rates where high. I realize there will not be a huge discount like that, but with the current state of car sales hopefully there will be some way of getting the car payments down. I guess we will see soon enough.
The federal $7500 tax credit plus any state and local tax credits will be available from day 1, so that helps with pricing.

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We got a $2500 check in the mail from the state of California, on top of the $7500 dealership discount.

·
86 Posts
Speaking of that does anyone know if you can double dip on the federal $7500 tax credit? I bought my 2019 eGolf this year. If I buy an ID 4 in 2021 or 2022 could I get another $7500 off?

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe a certain amount of time needs to pass in between- like the state one can only be used every three years.

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Remember that if you lease instead, the dealer gets the credit and passes the savings on by taking it off the price. So if you can't get the federal credit more than once, leasing is the way to go.

·
86 Posts
In Mass it is $2500, needs to be under $50,000 and you need to have the car registered for 3 years in a row.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts