Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
ID.4 1st blue
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went with purple and orange in honor of my hometown and favorite sports team the Phoenix Suns. I'm a lifelong fan and suffered through the last decade of losing so this is a great way to celebrate their return to the top of the standings! I work in sports media and covered this team as part of my beat up until 2012 when I moved east so I don't even have to hide my fandom any more in the name of professionalism.

What colors did you set and why? Do you find yourself changing them often or will you pick one setting and stick with it?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,684 Posts
I'm currently all burnt orange as I found when spending a lot of screen time learning it had the most contrast for my ol' eyes, but will play around with the lower ambient strip just for variety.

What did Kyle's girlfriend suggest to him? :unsure: Gotta rewatch his video, even if a return to snow viewing as well. 😣

My wife selected light teal for most of our new home's walls so I would only go with that as an "inside joke." :ROFLMAO:

·
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
404 Posts
I know you can choose one or two colors in the custom settings, but the third option on the far-right of the custom color menu, does that allow you to choose three different colors? If so, what are the three zones?

·
ID.4 1st blue
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know you can choose one or two colors in the custom settings, but the third option on the far-right of the custom color menu, does that allow you to choose three different colors? If so, what are the three zones?
As far as I can tell you have two color options and three zones. The zones are the dash, the doors and the center console where you charge your phone. You can either have it set with the color #1 dash and color #2 doors and console or you can have color #1 dash and console and color #2 doors.

I like the purple on the dash since that's also the main color on the infotainment and I find it softer on the eyes and then have the orange on the doors and center console so it's brighter in areas I'm not looking at directly at night.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,995 Posts
As far as I can tell you have two color options and three zones. The zones are the dash, the doors and the center console where you charge your phone. You can either have it set with the color #1 dash and color #2 doors and console or you can have color #1 dash and console and color #2 doors.

I like the purple on the dash since that's also the main color on the infotainment and I find it softer on the eyes and then have the orange on the doors and center console so it's brighter in areas I'm not looking at directly at night.
There is lighting underneath the front seats - any idea what zone that is?

·
ID.4 1st blue
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is lighting underneath the front seats - any idea what zone that is?
lol I had to go down to the garage and check this out!

As far as I can tell it's white under the seats and can't be changed. And it looks like there's lights under the dash in the front feet wells and under the front seats that the illuminate the rear feet areas. Pretty neat. I'll have to pay attn next time I drive at night to see if these stay on or if it's just a getting in and out thing.

·
ID.4 1st blue
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the wireless charging pad illuminate to match the dash or the door pulls?
As far as I can tell you have two color options and three zones. The zones are the dash, the doors and the center console where you charge your phone. You can either have it set with the color #1 dash and color #2 doors and console or you can have color #1 dash and console and color #2 doors. Or you can have all three zones be the same color of course so I guess that's three options.

·
1,163 Posts
lol I had to go down to the garage and check this out!

As far as I can tell it's white under the seats and can't be changed. And it looks like there's lights under the dash in the front feet wells and under the front seats that the illuminate the rear feet areas. Pretty neat. I'll have to pay attn next time I drive at night to see if these stay on or if it's just a getting in and out thing.

View attachment 2270
OMG... look at the finger prints.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21 sold 6/4/22
536 Posts

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
476 Posts
View attachment 2276
My 11 year old daughter configured this for Easter. I suspect she will be taking it upon herself to change the colors for every holiday/season.

BTW, for screen cleaning in all my cars I have had great success with these:
I suspect my 11 year old daughter will equally define the mood of the car. She had fun during the test drive for sure. But what she really likes is the massage function of the seats.

Reactions: sethpo

·
ID.4 FE
93 Posts
I suspect my 11 year old daughter will equally define the mood of the car. She had fun during the test drive for sure. But what she really likes is the massage function of the seats.
My 13 year old daughter and 8 year old son loved the massage seats. I think I will find them in the car sitting in the seats getting a massage randomly.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
476 Posts
My 13 year old daughter and 8 year old son loved the massage seats. I think I will find them in the car sitting in the seats getting a massage randomly.
My daughter has basically told me that

·
Premium Member
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 First Edition
1,481 Posts
There is something to love about the ID4 for everyone. Truly a car for the masses! 😊

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,684 Posts
Yes, you basically want to 'clean' the display as you would a tablet/iPad. No spray cleaners but rather a light wipe with a quality microfiber or organic cotton cloth (no dyes).

I have started to wonder what the best thing would be to clean the screen. For smartphones, they just recommend a microfiber cloth - no alcohol, no ammonia, no windex. But I haven't seen any guidance from VW about this screen.

·
6 Posts
Could someone already owning one let me know if the rear door handles are also backlit by the ambient lighting system? I can only ever see the front door and the dashboard when searching for photos about the interior lights. We have a Pro S on order, and my daughter really wants to know.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.