Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be obvious but unfortunately not to me...What are the slots for at the front of the center console? IMG_20210506_132649.jpg

·
White Pro S
256 Posts
Someone's definitely gonna come up with something to put in there to mount things to or some such.

·
45 Posts
Works for my work badge, it's been a nice small touch.

Reactions: TPG

·
2021 First Edition
179 Posts
Can I have the file? Did you design anything for the space underneath the console.
Underneath, meaning on the floor? No.

I do have a file, but it is on another computer. I won't be back there until next week. PM me and I'll get you link.

·
4 Posts
Those two slots seem to open into a cavity below. I wonder if there is something functional going on down there, or maybe venting for the charging electronics farther back.

Also does anyone know what this circle is on the front pillar?

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
415 Posts
Those two slots seem to open into a cavity below. I wonder if there is something functional going on down there, or maybe venting for the charging electronics farther back.

View attachment 3304
As @Chris Celek mentioned, I'm pretty confident the slots are intended to be used for things like parking cards and such, I've seen them in many other VWs as well. Are you sure they are actually open all the way through to the underside of the center console?

As for the black dot in your picture, I believe that is the ambient temperature sensor.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,584 Posts
Really excellent design work Geo. I'm sure many without a 3D printing capability would love to know if you ever plan to make a few and sell them (me? ;) )
In the meantime you've now got me thinking about double-stick taping my sunglass case in that location. :unsure:
Like this?
View attachment 3285

I had fun with my 3D printer last week.

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
295 Posts
Really excellent design work Geo. I'm sure many without a 3D printing capability would love to know if you ever plan to make a few and sell them (me? ;) )
In the meantime you've now got me thinking about double-stick taping my sunglass case in that location. :unsure:

One step ahead of ya, pal. 😎 That’s an old sunglass case that had the flap break off, perfect for this application since the RWD ID.4 doesn’t accelerate fast enough to send them flying. 🤣

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,584 Posts
I like your rearrangement of the cupholders too. Think I'll borrow that from you as well. ;)

One step ahead of ya, pal. 😎 That’s an old sunglass case that had the flap break off, perfect for this application since the RWD ID.4 doesn’t accelerate fast enough to send them flying. 🤣

·
ID.4 1st Edition Dusk Blue
24 Posts
Underneath, meaning on the floor? No.

I do have a file, but it is on another computer. I won't be back there until next week. PM me and I'll get you link.
Would love the file as well if you'd be willing to share! :)

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
193 Posts

View attachment 3304
Cabin temp. sensor.

Reactions: Huey52

·
2021 First Edition
179 Posts
A few people have asked about getting one of the center trays I designed. Here's the files if you want to 3D print your own. If you don't have a 3D printer, you can use a third party service.

Here's the tray:

And the shelf:

·
2 Posts
Thank you for sharing your design. Do you know any online service that does 3d printing this design for people who don't have 3d printers?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts