Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is not yet 3 days old, and today I see this , orange triangle with exclamation, orange car with exclamation point, stairs message "electrical system not working correctly, please service the vehicle."

Ugg.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I just turned on the car again. POOF. The v error is gone. ... which I don't really trust.

I did a hard reset of the infotainment with a hold on the power button at the lower left of the screen, no error.

I have an appointment Monday morning(must wait for someone who knows what an id.4 is).

Is this car safe/ fine/ not causing harm to my vehicle if I drive it on the meantime?

ALSO MAYBE IMPORTANT ~ when I turned it on to check, them turned out off (I backed out of my driveway then pulled back in) I noticed the engine fan continued to run for a solid 3 to 4 minutes.

I'm not sure if that is related, or if it always runs for a minimum fee minutes each time the car is on or what, but I never noticed the engine fan running after I turned off the car before... at least not in the lengthy 2.5 days I've owned it!

Thanks!

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,559 Posts
More than a few forum members have reported this error popping up, then disappearing the next drive.

If you trust the vehicle to recognize and report an issue to begin with, then I think you're stuck accepting that if the error clears, the fault condition that originally generated it no longer exists. So it's worth getting it checked out, but don't be bothered it's gone.

As for the fans and whatnot running after exiting the vehicle, entirely normal. An explanation would be awesome if what exactly runs when, but absent that, it's normal for this car to "run things" after exiting, when approaching with a key, while charging, and of course when climatizing the cabin prior to departure.

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More than a few forum members have reported this error popping up, then disappearing the next drive.

If you trust the vehicle to recognize and report an issue to begin with, then I think you're stuck accepting that if the error clears, the fault condition that originally generated it no longer exists. So it's worth getting it checked out, but don't be bothered it's gone.

As for the fans and whatnot running after exiting the vehicle, entirely normal. An explanation would be awesome if what exactly runs when, but absent that, it's normal for this car to "run things" after exiting, when approaching with a key, while charging, and of course when climatizing the cabin prior to departure.
Thank you! I hope it is nothing, fingers crossed! But to be safe I will take it in. Unfortunately, the dealership that I hear is the better of the two in my area is fast away... hopefully the waiting room is nice!

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
837 Posts
This happened to me months ago while stationary in a parking lot, with a few more warnings even. Left the car for a quick 100 ft circle walk to let it recover, got back in, found no errors, and none since.

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This happened to me months ago while stationary in a parking lot, with a few more warnings even. Left the car for a quick 100 ft circle walk to let it recover, got back in, found no errors, and none since.
Wow! That's great to hear!

Did you by chance have a dealer check it for error codes, or did you just leave well enough alone?

After @Howlingwolves post I read up on pump issues and it does not sound fun. I am nervous about doing damage to my battery/ system of I ignore it. But if it was a pump issue, error codes should come back?

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
837 Posts
I had my 30/60 day check not long after the event, and the service dept. didn't mention anything regarding error codes.
I agree, if it's a real issue with the pump it ought to come back. I treated mine as a software hiccup.

·
184 Posts
So, my Golf (1.8L TSi) also has fans and things that run when I shit it off :) Our ID.4 is actually less noisy than the Golf! Good luck, hope the dealer finds something and can fix it!

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
302 Posts
I had my 30/60 day check not long after the event, and the service dept. didn't mention anything regarding error codes.
I agree, if it's a real issue with the pump it ought to come back. I treated mine as a software hiccup.
What are the 30/60 day checks?

·
733 Posts
Complimentary inspection after purchase...some dealers do 30 and 60 days and some only one after 40 days then free inspection for the reminder of 24k every 12k
while over here we get send away at delivery with the message to return for maintenance after 2 years. Why the difference?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,300 Posts
Similarly I've only had this happen once and very early in my ownership. It also reset in short order.
Since then I've sat and waited for the Infotainment to fully boot before hitting the brake pedal and selecting a gear and have not had it since.
As ChristophW well reminded us some time ago there is a lot of inter-module network bus communication going on and best to let it sort itself out. Therefore if you're planning a bank heist getaway select an ICE vehicle, without auto-start/stop. 🤪

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient (currently waiting for arrival at dealer)
77 Posts
I just had my 60 day check this week, but really 90 days since the dealer is 55 miles away and I was just lazy to do it. All clear no issues. The rear outboard seat belt recall did not apply to mine. The only problem was the lug nut covers were never installed on the right rear wheel so they did that.

4,300 miles on the clock and I was out the door.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
302 Posts
Complimentary inspection after purchase...some dealers do 30 and 60 days and some only one after 40 days then free inspection for the reminder of 24k every 12k
AH OK Dealer offered. Got it.

Don't think my dealer does that. At least they didn't mention it.

·
334 Posts

All these are mainly software issues or module issues. If it is modules and you live in the US expect 1 to 2 weeks for parts. Remember these are first year cars, some issues will come up but most all will be fixed with over the air updates..

·
521 Posts
All these are mainly software issues or module issues. If it is modules and you live in the US expect 1 to 2 weeks for parts. Remember these are first year cars, some issues will come up but most all will be fixed with over the air updates..
Maybe, sometime, if we are lucky! 6

·
334 Posts
Maybe, sometime, if we are lucky! 6
From what I am hearing from our dealer, some cars in California are being delivered with the update 2.3. They are anticipating by the end of the year for the rest of us for the OTA

·
184 Posts
From what I am hearing from our dealer, some cars in California are being delivered with the update 2.3. They are anticipating by the end of the year for the rest of us for the OTA
Can’t wait! The slowness in the UI is really the only issue we’ve had with the car in the first 500 miles or so… and it’s not horrible, just a minor irritant. (Only other issue is the rear light bar that expands in the sun, but I’m sure there’ll be a TSB on that.)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts