Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
3,452 Posts
Well this is great, minus the "when" that would have to to come from VW of America.

We've been talking about 3.1 since January now, and I still can't make heads or tails of why 2.4 and 3.0 are still a thing. I get that 2.4 is a necessary step to get to 3.1, but I don't understand why in Europe they appear to be following a step-by-step rollout whereas here in the US we're expecting to go straight to it with a one-stop service visit.

Anyhow, the new additions look nice, I'd certainly hope the system is more stable than 2.1, but all-in-all it keeps the current look and feel so no real surprises for current owners.

So come on, VOA, let's hear it. When can we begin making appointments?

·
669 Posts
Well this is great, minus the "when" that would have to to come from VW of America.

We've been talking about 3.1 since January now, and I still can't make heads or tails of why 2.4 and 3.0 are still a thing. I get that 2.4 is a necessary step to get to 3.1, but I don't understand why in Europe they appear to be following a step-by-step rollout whereas here in the US we're expecting to go straight to it with a one-stop service visit.

Anyhow, the new additions look nice, I'd certainly hope the system is more stable than 2.1, but all-in-all it keeps the current look and feel so no real surprises for current owners.

So come on, VOA, let's hear it. When can we begin making appointments?
It is much less laggy and more responsive all around too.

·
3,452 Posts
It is much less laggy and more responsive all around too.
That's welcome, of course, but I've never felt the current system is terribly laggy the way I use it. Most of my interactions are tapping a tile or a setting, not much in the way of scrolling or dragging maps, where that lagginess typically shows up. So day to day, for the most part, that hasn't been one of my complaints.

But don't get me wrong, any improvements are welcome! Lag, boot times, stability, I'll take it.

·
3,452 Posts
Chris confirmed what I had asked last weekend - if you would need the in car hotspot to be able to access the expanded features including Apple Music and Spotify. ...
It seemed to me like he wasn't too sure... and it's weird that since he's driving a press loaner car, that they wouldn't have had that hotspot service activated and ready for the reviewer.

Is there a benefit to using in-car Spotify versus Android Auto / Car Play? I suppose for somebody not using those services, there would be. But if I'm in AA, I can remain in AA to use Pandora, whereas to get to an in-car audio source, I need to essentially "app switch" out, back to the car's menu tree.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
146 Posts
It seemed to me like he wasn't too sure... and it's weird that since he's driving a press loaner car, that they wouldn't have had that hotspot service activated and ready for the reviewer.

Is there a benefit to using in-car Spotify versus Android Auto / Car Play? I suppose for somebody not using those services, there would be. But if I'm in AA, I can remain in AA to use Pandora, whereas to get to an in-car audio source, I need to essentially "app switch" out, back to the car's menu tree.
I listen to FM radio and SXM a lot, and don’t like switching back and forth from the integrated app to CP so much. I could just use apps for FM radio and SXM on CP I suppose. But especially on road trips I like to monitor my wh/mile and other functions that are in the VW Side of things.

·
Pro S Gradient RWD White / Black
475 Posts
I'm very excited for the always on battery percentage on the binnacle. Must have! (y)(y)(y)
The trip display on the binnacle is also pretty cool, I think more useful than directions, and also finally we have a purpose for the "OK" button.
KW on the battery charge screen is also cool but I can live without.
The rest are kinda meh 😁

Now back to the waiting game.............. :(

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,334 Posts
That's what I hope for the US. I'm expecting that's why we're not seeing 2022s here yet, but at this late stage, who knows. Europe is getting '22s delivered with 2.3 installed.
There is at least one 22 in the port at Baltimore on Quality hold.

Reactions: Nai3t
1 - 20 of 35 Posts