Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
21 VW iD4 Pro S AWD (Statement) on Dusk Blue
4 Posts
Apple Music / Spotify is alright but, I’d like to see YouTube and Disney+ more than anything else,

also, a random fact if you don’t activate the SXM trial within 3 weeks of registering your car on carnet/myVW they activate it for you.

·
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
also, a random fact if you don’t activate the SXM trial within 3 weeks of registering your car on carnet/myVW they activate it for you.
Apparently it never expires either ;-) I bet they fix that when we get our first software update

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
3,512 Posts
After these delays, maybe it would have been better to cut the games out of this release and save them for an OTA – optics, "what will people think we've been up to," like what you're saying.

On the other hand nothing got delayed because of games. Your can bet there are parallel development tracks happening and these games were in 3.1 long ago before whatever happened happened that caused the delays.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,730 Posts
After these delays, maybe it would have been better to cut the games out of this release and save them for an OTA – optics, "what will people think we've been up to," like what you're saying.

On the other hand nothing got delayed because of games. Your can bet there are parallel development tracks happening and these games were in 3.1 long ago before whatever happened happened that caused the delays.
It looked like the games were a separate download - I guess I would sort of argue that they represents a sort of proof of concept that the delivery mechanism and installation of other apps actually works.

·
708 Posts

Actually, adding minesweeper really set us back. And don’t get me started on Tetris 😂

·
141 Posts
The benefit of the in-car apps (apart from a PR contest vs Tesla :rolleyes: ) is that they require the in-car hotspot. The benefit of the in-car hotspot is revenue - you're now making VW money every month. I have zero expectation that any of the 'apps' apart from plug and charge will be interesting or useful to me.

I am liking the updates to the binnacle, with current temperature always displayed as well as the options for normal "DIS" trip info.

·
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I am liking the updates to the binnacle, with current temperature always displayed as well as the options for normal "DIS" trip info.
Agreed - I always thought they could do more with that screen :) Now, we just have to see how long it takes before they make it available to us here in the USA!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts