Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Software Wishlist

Tags
software
16K views 99 replies 57 participants last post by  p__x 
There's a thread for things people want changed. But I feel like it includes too much hardware and I was wanting a thread focused on software that is currently possible. We all know brake hold and plug & charge are coming and bug fixes but there could be more updates to comfort & convenience. My big one that I just experienced after coming home from work is the light near the charger port doesn't always turn on. I had to turn on my garage lights to be able to plug-in. I'd like for it to turn on all the time when the cap is open and maybe turn on again when the car sees you approach again.
I would like to be able to set my default to D or B mode when I put it into drive, and for the car to come to a complete stop. Some of us have come from an EV already and prefer the one peddle driving experience.

I think there is some profiling being done with the keys, as when I use the second/spare key, the side mirrors always change to a different position that I need to correct, which does not occur when I use the main key. So there is some recognition by the car between the keys, which means this should be very easy to add more.
Apple Maps also has the capability to give directions as well as calculate EV charging stops needed to get to your destination, if the manufacture gives them access to the car charge status data, I would love for VW to allow this. In addition to the car OS itself, the Car-Net app needs a major overhaul, it is basically useless right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.