Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

My list is here:
1. ID light stays on during the duration of the charge. Showing where you are in the charge
2. Chime that a car is in your Blind Spot when you have your blinker on.
3. Option in the goodbye screen to keep aux on, but I guess you can push the button on the side
4. Recalibration of the camera to be a bit clearer. (but that might be a hardware issue)
5. "B-mode" should be customized to allow you to either come to a full stop or creep. Adaptive cruise control can come to a complete stop why cant "B-mode" do that.
6. If you cant have B-mode come to a complete stop you should at least have auto-hold.
7. Driver profiles, either on screen or by key fob

ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
2. Explicit driver profiles in the interface. Right now there are apparently some settings that are saved with the driver seat memory buttons but I have no clue what those settings are. Radio presets, driver seat memory (both 1 and 2), driving mode, climate control settings, bluetooth and carplay priority, UI layout, ambient lighting, etc should all be tied to a driver profile. Should support many profiles. Also you should be able to tie a specific profile to a specific key.
I think there is some profiling being done with the keys, as when I use the second/spare key, the side mirrors always change to a different position that I need to correct, which does not occur when I use the main key. So there is some recognition by the car between the keys, which means this should be very easy to add more.

• Trip details on the screen behind the steering wheel! I'd like to see km/miles, time driven and avg usage on this screen.
  • ID-Light directions while navigating on Apple Maps (carplay). The display behind the steering wheel already shows the next turn and distance to turn while on apple maps, would love to see the light-saber light as well when a turn left or right comes up ;)

• ID-Light directions while navigating on Apple Maps (carplay). The display behind the steering wheel already shows the next turn and distance to turn while on apple maps, would love to see the light-saber light as well when a turn left or right comes up ;)
And direction in the HUD as well for CarPlay/Android Auto navigation.

And direction in the HUD as well for CarPlay/Android Auto navigation.
I would just like to be able to get a HUD, not an option in the NA market.

ID.4 FE Blue
  • Trip details on the screen behind the steering wheel! I'd like to see km/miles, time driven and avg usage on this screen.
And do the same for Google maps! Apple maps simply still doesn鈥檛 work well鈥

Reactions: SexyBeast

Has there been a software update yet to the ID4? Is there a projected timeline for one?
Yes but only to EU people who signed up as testers, and a few in EU who recently bought cars that had it installed see:

There's a thread for things people want changed. But I feel like it includes too much hardware and I was wanting a thread focused on software that is currently possible. We all know brake hold and plug & charge are coming and bug fixes but there could be more updates to comfort & convenience. My big one that I just experienced after coming home from work is the light near the charger port doesn't always turn on. I had to turn on my garage lights to be able to plug-in. I'd like for it to turn on all the time when the cap is open and maybe turn on again when the car sees you approach again.
I would like to be able to set my default to D or B mode when I put it into drive, and for the car to come to a complete stop. Some of us have come from an EV already and prefer the one peddle driving experience.

I think there is some profiling being done with the keys, as when I use the second/spare key, the side mirrors always change to a different position that I need to correct, which does not occur when I use the main key. So there is some recognition by the car between the keys, which means this should be very easy to add more.
Apple Maps also has the capability to give directions as well as calculate EV charging stops needed to get to your destination, if the manufacture gives them access to the car charge status data, I would love for VW to allow this. In addition to the car OS itself, the Car-Net app needs a major overhaul, it is basically useless right now.

1. Fix the delayed charging bug

2. Fix the EA charging bug... (if you do things in the wrong order the car refuses to charge and refuses to release the connector)
  3. Speed up the whole software control / infotainment. The startup is slow. The shutdown is slow.
  4. Per-key mirror configurations. Other configurations set to it would be great.
#1 is my TOP priority. The rest would make a difference. Beyond that is gravy for me.

I鈥檇 like to have the ability to manually select the rate of charge like in my Tesla.

We recently moved to a new home and the laundry 240v plug is located in the garage so instead of paying to install another 240v outlet I purchased a SplitVolt switcher. Basically a power strip for a 240v plug.The issue is the SplitVolt鈥檚 max charge amperage is 24v before it trips the built in surge protector. A safety feature that prevents you from blowing a fuse. In my Tesla I can reduce the rate of charge anywhere between 0 to 40 amps. In the ID.4 if I select 鈥渞educed rate鈥 it allows only 8 amps from the max of 40v. The result is a very slow charge.

Picture of my setup

2018 Chevy Bolt (ID4 future owner?)
The issue is the SplitVolt鈥檚 max charge amperage is 24v before it trips the built in surge protector.
Apparently, you are on a 30A circuit? 24A is max safe load. Looks like Split Volt only offers solutions for 30A circuit sharing.

The JuiceBox is a 40A unit and the ID will pull all 40A the EVSE offers. One option is a different EVSE to use this setup, one that maxes at 24A, or one that can be set to 24A.

My approach would have been to update the circuit to 50A (14-50), use a 50A Electric Range Buddy. A 30A dryer plugged in to a 50A circuit is no problem, but a 40A EVSE plugged in to a 30A circuit is asking for all kinds of hurt. You are fortunate the only implication for you up to this point is tripped breakers, if the breaker fails to trip, fires tend to be the result.

There are options to outfit the Range port with a NEMA 14-30 or 10-30 to match your dryer plug. The Range Buddy Auto (an upgrade adding auto switching) gives priority to outlet 1 (generally this is where you would plug the Range or Dryer in) and cuts off power to the EVSE until the current draw on the first outlet drops low enough for the EVSE to pull 40A.

ID.4 Pro S RWD
We recently moved to a new home and the laundry 240v plug is located in the garage so instead of paying to install another 240v outlet I purchased a SplitVolt switcher. Basically a power strip for a 240v plug.The issue is the SplitVolt鈥檚 max charge amperage is 24v before it trips the built in surge protector. A safety feature that prevents you from blowing a fuse. In my Tesla I can reduce the rate of charge anywhere between 0 to 40 amps. In the ID.4 if I select 鈥渞educed rate鈥 it allows only 8 amps from the max of 40v. The result is a very slow charge.
As @ARob says, the problem in this setup is the Juicebox, not the ID.4. The fundamental purpose of an EVSE - and the reason we don't just plug our cars directly into a 240V outlet - is to tell the vehicle "this is how much power I can safely provide." In your case, the Juicebox is telling the car it can provide up to 40A, but it's lying. Because of the SplitVolt in the circuit, it can only safely provide up to 24A.

The real solution is to get the Juicebox to stop lying. Assuming that's the original non-networked Juicebox, you can do so by adjusting a potentiometer inside:

thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, this is an old Juice Box I bought a while ago. Didn鈥檛 want to fork over more money to upgrade to a newer charger.
I鈥檒l attempt to open up this charger and see if I can turn down the amp discharge. Of course, if the ID.4 allowed for manual charge settings like the Tesla I wouldn鈥檛 have to;)

edit: update: just popped off the cover of the Juice Box and dialed it down like the pix you showed and it worked!! Thanks so much sprylo!!

One thing I would love to see that should not be hard to do is have the voice command button on the steering wheel use Google assistant or Siri when using Android auto or apple car play. I drive a ton of rentals for work and this has to be my biggest pet peeve. My 17 Subaru does it right, but it seems later models they stopped doing it and many many other car manufactures don't do it either. When will they learn that their built in voice commands and no match for google assistant and Siri...

All windows up on the key fob, similar to all windows down, remember last settings on backup view, D/B selector, lane warning on/off. Ability to run with just parking lights at any speed, chime when blind spot warning is on and turn signal gets activated (this should be high priority), keep green charging ID.light on during charging.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts