Volkswagen ID Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
3 Posts
They can't do that because the car doesn't know what the actual pressure is in any tire - There are no TPMS sensors in the wheels. The TPMS works by measuring the rotation of the wheels. If one tire goes lower than the others, that wheel rotates faster than the others and the car knows it's a low tire. It's important to reset the TPMS system when you air up the tires to the pressure you want in them

Don
Why does my Chevy show the actual psi then?

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S AWD
3 Posts
Why does my Chevy show the actual psi then?
Different car, different components. Like physical sensors in each tire (I'm driving a Bolt at the moment and when I got my tires rotated, the display was messed up due to the store not resetting the positions) and the ID 4 doesn't have the same setup as our Chevy's.

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
145 Posts
Has anyone in the U.S. got the 2.3 software update yet? Have the new AWD been coming with 2.3 installed? VW had said that vehicles made after week 26 or 28 (end of June - mid July) would come with software version 2.3

·
2021 Pro AWD
168 Posts
Has anyone in the U.S. got the 2.3 software update yet? Have the new AWD been coming with 2.3 installed? VW had said that vehicles made after week 26 or 28 (end of June - mid July) would come with software version 2.3
No and no, that rumor did not pan out for US vehicles. 2.3 is less glitchy but no substantial changes to address our collective wishlist

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,241 Posts
No and no, that rumor did not pan out for US vehicles. 2.3 is less glitchy but no substantial changes to address our collective wishlist
I finally saw something from VW - they are saying sometime next year, implying the 3.0 or 3.1 release. But "next year" is a big target.

·
VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
162 Posts
Really need a "carwash" button. Automatic carwash AND hand wash brings surprises. HAND WASH causes the sideview mirrors to open and close; lights to flash; and even the horn to sound off!
If hand washing your car, leave the remote in the house or somewhere far. Any car with touch door handle unlock/lock does that, not specific to VW ID.4; at least based on my experience with previous vehicles (BMW and Mazda).

As for automatic car wash, definitely would want a mode for that, as I did drive it through a touchless car wash once and the ultrasonic sensor got all wonky during the wash with too much water sprayed onto the car

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
145 Posts
I finally saw something from VW - they are saying sometime next year, implying the 3.0 or 3.1 release. But "next year" is a big target.
I think in one of ID.Furkan videos, the updated 2.3 version software screen mentions that you need 2.3 in order to receive future updates. So will it be possible to receive 3.0 in future if you don’t have 2.3??

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,771 Posts
I think in one of ID.Furkan videos, the updated 2.3 version software screen mentions that you need 2.3 in order to receive future updates. So will it be possible to receive 3.0 in future if you don’t have 2.3??
I know we need 2.1 to enable the OTA, and launch customers in the EU starters with 2.0. But this is the first I'm hearing 2.3 needed for 3.0. Unfortunately I'm "just a few" videos behind, a little catching up to do.

·
18 Posts
If hand washing your car, leave the remote in the house or somewhere far. Any car with touch door handle unlock/lock does that, not specific to VW ID.4; at least based on my experience with previous vehicles (BMW and Mazda).

As for automatic car wash, definitely would want a mode for that, as I did drive it through a touchless car wash once and the ultrasonic sensor got all wonky during the wash with too much water sprayed onto the car
Did not see that behavior on our previous 3 cars with keyless entry. 2005 Murano, 2016 Subaru, nor 2018 Nissan Leaf.

·
141 Posts
Is there a way to adjust the lane following centering? I’m renting a Kia this week and it wants me to stay about a foot to the left of where I would normally drive on a two lane road. But on the highway with traffic on both sides, it’s fine.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,559 Posts
It's Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) Not lane centering assist. It will therefore auto-steer you back from either left/right border lines when too close to same but not precisely center the vehicle in the lane.

btw: You can turn off LKA but must be done each startup (unless you have a Ross-Tech and employ their "maintain last setting" code). ;)
Is there a way to adjust the lane following centering? I’m renting a Kia this week and it wants me to stay about a foot to the left of where I would normally drive on a two lane road. But on the highway with traffic on both sides, it’s fine.

·
20 Posts
1. I'd like to see support for the new split screen Android Auto. This allows you to have maps on one half and some other app on the other half. The ID.4 screen is more than large enough to support it.

2. I REALLY want a "default to B mode." It irritates me to have to hit drive twice because the car simply refuses to remember I prefer B mode.

3. I would like more B mode customization. I personally do not feel it is strong enough compared to other EVs I've driven. Also, the ability for B mode to come to a complete stop instead of the current implementation where the driver still needs to use the break.

4. I have not seen any way to turn on a chime for the blind spot detection. My car only flashes the BSM light if I put my blinker on, but there is no chime. I'd like that feature added.

5. Dramatically reduce the lock sound duration when you have the setting turned on. By default the car makes no noise when you hit lock. If you turn the lock sound on, it is an absurdly long and loud honk.

6. PLEASE VW give us basic features in Car-Net! We should be able to lock, unlock, flash lights, sound horn, and locate the vehicle from the app. The current software is pathetic compared to literally every other car.

7. The "next song" button should be the UP arrow on the steering wheel, not the down arrow.

8. The actual tire PSI should show on the screen. Currently the software only shows you that a tire is low, but it doesn't show you any of the numerical measurements.

9. There is an auto unlock as you approach the vehicle, but there are no settings to toggle an automatic lock that I can find. This should be added, whether it is a timed lock or one that detects the fob walking away.
Now that I've had the car nearly 6 months, there are a few more things I'd like to add to my original list:

10. When you start the car without navigation, the display behind the wheel should default to the fully expanded left view instead of leaving a large gap in the display.

11. The left side of the display only shows multiple lanes when you put the car into the travel assist mode on a highway. I dislike this setup and feel it should always display multiple lanes (when on a multi-lane road) and the surrounding cars, regardless of whether or not travel assist is activated. When driving in the city the car only shows a single lane and one single car in front of you.

12. The car has an eSIM, but it appears to be locked to Verizon. Verizon is terrible and over congested in my area. I would like to use the car's hotspot feature, but I'd prefer to use a different carrier. VW's website mentions you can use Verizon or T-Mobile for their car's hotspots, but this doesn't appear to be true for the ID.4 as of now.

13. The automatic high beams need some serious adjustments. Mine flash on and off for absolutely no reason when driving at night. I also cannot find a way to permanently turn auto high beams off anywhere in the vehicle settings under the headlight tab where you'd expect the setting to be.

14. The battery should give an option to display the percentage, not just the estimated miles. Also, when charging the software should show more detailed charging information.

15. More frequent and meaningful software updates. Every 12 weeks isn't going to cut it. 12 weeks should be the maximum amount of time, but we shouldn't have to wait 3 months between every upgrade. Speaking of updates, it would be nice if VW would stop dragging their feet on US updates!!!! I cannot stress this enough. I thought I was buying a car that would improve often with time. I've had the car for half a year now and not a single update has appeared. It's very disappointing.

·
On order ID4 Pro AWD
145 Posts
Haven’t even received my ID4 but I think I will agree with a bunch of your points. I have test driven the vehicle and mostly like it.

I would add that the next/previous song and volume up/down touch buttons on steering wheel should be vice versa. Like on our smart phones, the volume should be up/down; while next track should be right button & last track should be left button - that would be much more practical and intuitive/user friendly.

Totally agree that PSI tire pressure should show up on screen. This requires a sensor in each tire, but they can easily do this.

3.0 software update apparently shows battery percentage, as well as estimated mileage remaining. And it shows temp on digital cockpit as well, but not time. i suspect we will all gripe about that, and the time will be addded to digital cockpit in 3.1 software…

I would also add 360 view to be unlocked. European id4 has this. It might just be a software unlock.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts