Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
227 Posts
This is a huge win for Volkswagen and great sign of things to come for the ID lineup.

Was anyone able to reserve one?

·
40 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Still have the R32 as well?
Yes, we have actually 5 VW's at the house currently: 2017 e-Golf SEL, 2014 Routan, 2008 Touareg 3.6L, 2004 R32 (HPA TT) and a 1974 VW Thing. There are three more vehicles on top of that which are used for rural mail delivery with the USPS. The perfect EV will be one I can replace the Routan (family hauler) and Touareg (tow beast) with. It will be even better when we can have EV RHD mail trucks too. I should just make my own.

·
202 Posts
Welcome!
I don't have an order in yet but curious to know what information VW sent you so far.
I reserved a Glacier White with Gray interior. Nothing from VW other that you can register and see progress. I’m hoping to have It before end of year? Someone said the 1st editions will ship first as the base car was already in production.

·
35 Posts
I have a reservation. You had to be persistent. It tool VW quite a while to get the reservation pages on-line after the introduction event was over. I just kept hitting the RESERVE NOW and eventually got in. If you attempt to modify your configuration now, the blue and black colors are NLA.

·
202 Posts
These must have already been in production if they only allowed so many plus color limitations. Maybe we will get lucky and get them before end of the year? I wonder if we will get to choose wheels? There are several of them from pictures I’ve seen.

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These must have already been in production if they only allowed so many plus color limitations. Maybe we will get lucky and get them before end of the year? I wonder if we will get to choose wheels? There are several of them from pictures I’ve seen.
You're exactly right. I read somewhere that cars were already coming down the production line and being stored away before the reveal.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
228 Posts
I wonder if we will get to choose wheels? There are several of them from pictures I’ve seen.
My hunch would be they would align with the packages (as they do in France) and one style each. The 21" with the Gradient Package (also 1st Edition) and 20" inch for the Pro.

Germany has just one option each for 20" and 21".

Attachments

·
202 Posts
USA says 20” for 1st Edition. I specifically meant design of the wheel. Sorry if I wasn’t specific.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
228 Posts
USA says 20” for 1st Edition. I specifically meant design of the wheel. Sorry if I wasn’t specific.
You are right. Too much translation of German and French!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts