Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unconfirmed what the circumstances were, but this one didn't make it to port. Looks like a lightning strike.

FB_IMG_1615766700752.jpg
FB_IMG_1615766695057.jpg
FB_IMG_1615766685044.jpg

Reactions: PerryC and jonic

Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
Those cars on the transports are possibly Pro S ID4s. I only mention that because of the Moonstone gray car.

Is that a Moonstone Gray I spy in front of it? Looks like those might be Pros or Pro(s) models.

Edit: Ninja'd

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
The catenary wires over the rail lines suggest this was in Europe somewhere. That being said, it could have been en route to Emden for shipment somewhere

Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
Is that a Moonstone Gray I spy in front of it? Looks like those might be Pros or Pro(s) models.

Edit: Ninja'd
looks like some Pro's based on the 2 piece flitzer on the white and blue. And definitely looks like Moonstone grey in front. that is a great color

ID.4 1st Glacier White w/Lunar Gray - order 9/23
And the body color rearview mirror housing...

Reactions: RocketVol

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
I wonder if the hatch came open during shipment, causing an arc from the overhead catenary.

Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
I wonder if the hatch came open during shipment, causing an arc from the overhead catenary.
based on the 2 holes in the hatch that looks like a good possibility

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have to think that, as anal as German's are, they would have accounted for that possibility.

ID.4 FE
Lightning strikes to cars can leave holes that look like that. Plus, I'd think the contact wires would be much higher off the train's roofline than that hatch can reach, and there'd likely be damage on the lower portion of the hatch as well.

Lightning damage:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts