Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I understand you can use it to winkle off part of the driver door handle.. and get into the car...?

And then perhaps lock all the other doors from the inside with it?:

Anything else?

Can you use it to remove a boy scout from a horses hoof?

Lets dive into the mystery world of the 'spare key'...

Discuss...

.... or not

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,740 Posts
I'm maybe not following. Its only function is manually unlock the driver's door if the electronics fail to do so.

Once entry is gained, in theory, the hood can be opened to access and jump a dead 12 volt battery, or the "dead" remote fob can be held next to the magic antenna spot to start the car.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,543 Posts
I vote "or not." :ROFLMAO:

I've never had to use the fob-key, as yet, on this or any prior VAG vehicle, but good to know about it. This owner's manual isn't great but it does discuss-depict use of same.
Rectangle Gesture Automotive exterior Font Gadget

So far I understand you can use it to winkle off part of the driver door handle.. and get into the car...?

And then perhaps lock all the other doors from the inside with it?:

Anything else?

Can you use it to remove a boy scout from a horses hoof?

Lets dive into the mystery world of the 'spare key'...

Discuss...

.... or not

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,227 Posts
I vote "or not." :ROFLMAO:

I've never had to use the fob-key, as yet, on this or any prior VAG vehicle, but good to know about it. This owner's manual isn't great but it does discuss-depict use of same.
I had to use it in my wife's golf. The battery in the keyfob had died, so I couldn't get in the car. Fortunately I knew about the secret keyhole and I was in the car in no time.

·
1 Posts
I use my fob keys all the time when swimming or surfing. If I lock the fob in the key box I have, the car still sees it unless I wrap it in foil, the little key is much easier. I then have a fob with no batteries hidden inside the car. Glad to see they have a key option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts