Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ID4 FE arrived in the Port of Baltimore on 3/22/21. Does anyone have any idea on how long their car was “stuck” in Port before shipping to dealer? I am located in Florida and was surprised the car went into Baltimore vs Jacksonville.

·
Waiting for ID.4 Pro S
39 Posts
My ID4 FE arrived in the Port of Baltimore on 3/22/21. Does anyone have any idea on how long their car was “stuck” in Port before shipping to dealer? I am located in Florida and was surprised the car went into Baltimore vs Jacksonville.
The dealer in Maryland said their ID.4 demo unit sat at the port for 3 weeks.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
114 Posts
I’m at step 5 too, and mine also came to Baltimore. I’m in Tampa Bay. Supposed to be at the dealer between 4/3 and 4/7 according to the website screenshot my dealer sent me. So maybe this weekend I’ll get it.

·
214 Posts
The difference being that the dealer demo probably needed a software upgrade, while any ID.4 produced from calendar week 8 shouldn't require that step. Though I thought I saw someone say that the software updates are being processed to get those out of port (if any still exist) before the later deliveries are happening.

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer in Maryland said their ID.4 demo unit sat at the port for 3 weeks.
Ugggh! Thanks. Wonder why as you would think VW would want those flying out...time is money. My car was produced 3/3 so should already have 2.1 software loaded.

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m at step 5 too, and mine also came to Baltimore. I’m in Tampa Bay. Supposed to be at the dealer between 4/3 and 4/7 according to the website screenshot my dealer sent me. So maybe this weekend I’ll get it.
Let me know when you get notified of ready for purchase as our cars must have been on the Goodwood that docked 3/22. I am in Sarasota.

·
186 Posts
How did you find out what port it was in? What date was your step 4. Mine showed shipped on the 10th of March but can’t find out anything further

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know when you get notified of ready for purchase as our cars must have been on the Goodwood that docked 3/22. I am in Sarasota.
How did you find out what port it was in? What date was your step 4. Mine showed shipped on the 10th of March but can’t find out anything further
Step 4 started on
[/QU
my dealer QQQQQQshowe
My dealer sent me a screen shot from their dealers portal showing Port of Entry. I downloaded my Moroney Window Sticker and it too showed Baltimore as Port of Entry. You can down load your window sticker once the car arrives in Port (step 5).

·
ID.4 FE
93 Posts

Step 4 started on

my dealer QQQQQQshowe

My dealer sent me a screen shot from their dealers portal showing Port of Entry. I downloaded my Moroney Window Sticker and it too showed Baltimore as Port of Entry. You can down load your window sticker once the car arrives in Port (step 5).
I’m in Atlanta picking up tomorrow morning. It took mine 24 days to go from unloaded to on a truck from Baltimore. The trip took 3 days from Baltimore. Mine had to be updated to 2.1 in port. So maybe yours won’t wait the three weeks to get down there.

·
411 Posts
How long did it take to go from step 3 to step 5?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
935 Posts
How long did it take to go from step 3 to step 5?
It depends on if the car needs the 2.1 update, and how many other cars are ahead of it in the update queue.

Cars that came off the line after a certain date wont need the update. But we don't know if they can jump the line and go straight to delivery.

·
10 Posts
I’m in Atlanta picking up tomorrow morning. It took mine 24 days to go from unloaded to on a truck from Baltimore. The trip took 3 days from Baltimore. Mine had to be updated to 2.1 in port. So maybe yours won’t wait the three weeks to get down there.

·
10 Posts
Congrats. Any insights into the pricing details please ..was it MSRP + Destination + TTL? Any other gotchas we need to be aware of as Im getting ready to pick up mine.

·
ID.4 FE
93 Posts
Congrats. Any insights into the pricing details please ..was it MSRP + Destination + TTL? Any other gotchas we need to be aware of as Im getting ready to pick up mine.
No gotchas. Dealer fees that I tried to get out of but there was no movement. That was it.

·
55 Posts
Mine took almost 3 weeks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts