Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now at day six after going to Step 6. I figured this was a "delivery eminent" thing. I've been too busy to pickup, let alone bug my sales guy, so it doesn't really matter.

How long is everyone else seeing?

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
I'm now at day six after going to Step 6. I figured this was a "delivery eminent" thing. I've been too busy to pickup, let alone bug my sales guy, so it doesn't really matter.

I don't think we really know the full meaning of step '6', or what triggers the steps. For me, I skipped over steps 4 and 6, but I am close enough to the port that they could have loaded and delivered the cars to the dealer before I even got up in the morning.

Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
I'm at step 5, dealer said they are just waiting for the truck to be scheduled (unsurprisingly VW isn't providing any guidance on when that will happen, just soon). Driving me a little crazy as multiple dealers around here have received their cars and I am close enough to Baltimore that I could have driven it from the port without a need to stop for a charge.

The dealer has to support the process for step 6 to be available, mine doesn't seem to support it, so I will end up going from 5 to 7. I think 6 is activated when VW has scheduled transport from the port to the dealer and step 7 is when it is unloaded at the dealer.

I鈥檝e been at step 4 for 3 weeks now. Don鈥檛 k wi if the ship sunk at sea 馃槀. Maybe they had to take a detour. How are people finding their vin number once it is shipped?

ID.4 FE GW
I went to Step 6 on Thursday (3 days ago) and immediately completed the requested info about purchasing. Two people at the dealership besides my salesman have contacted me since then, so I assume that they are expecting it to arrive soon.

Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
How are people finding their vin number once it is shipped?
Check out this post:

Search for WVG, if the data is available it will be found in via the search.

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My sales guy messaged me and I have a delivery date. Looks like trucking time from Houston to the Seattle area is running 5-6 days. With the Rockies between, my ID.4 probably got slowed a bit by recent weather.

Time to plan a drive next weekend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.