Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm entirely new to VWs and was wondering whether anybody knows what kind of sound system we should expect on the ID.4 pro (AWD). I haven't found any information on this yet, though I could imagine that speaker quality would be one place where VW might cut costs to keep the overall price low, though I'd love for this not to be true (especially considering how much care they've apparently put into sound dampening and keeping the ride quiet). Does anybody know more about this?

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue Somewhere on the Gulf?
383 Posts
I think the general sentiment is that the sound system is OK. Some people are trying to find out if there is a post purchase sub woofer that can be installed. I would certainly welcome that.

On another thought, because they have spent a great amount of time doing noise reduction on the car itself, does that put more pressure on a sound system to have low noise or more? like any system I've ever worked on, I'm guessing that with a lower NC rating, it will call all the warts out of a less than stellar sound system. So I would suggest that you should be prepared to upgrade if that is important to you.

Reactions: sindinero

·
143 Posts
there have been multiple threads on this before.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the general sentiment is that the sound system is OK. Some people are trying to find out if there is a post purchase sub woofer that can be installed. I would certainly welcome that.

On another thought, because they have spent a great amount of time doing noise reduction on the car itself, does that put more pressure on a sound system to have low noise or more? like any system I've ever worked on, I'm guessing that with a lower NC rating, it will call all the warts out of a less than stellar sound system. So I would suggest that you should be prepared to upgrade if that is important to you.
That’s helpful, thank you!

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there have been multiple threads on this before.

Thanks for these, I hadn’t seen them before!

·
584 Posts
There is a post on the Facebook ID.4 group where a guy upgraded the amp and speakers of his ID.4, to the tune of about $2K. He said the speakers were 70% of the improvement and the amp was 30% of the improvement. He was happy he spent the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts