Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, does anyone know why there's a "Stop charging" button on the Charging tab of the Vehicle screen after charging is done? The charging light on my EVSE is off, the ID.light is solid green and not moving, but yet there's still a "Stop Charging" button on the screen.

Here's the really weird thing - if I tap that button, then CarNet sends me the "Charging has stopped" notification - it never does that until I tap the button or do something else with the car, like start preconditioning the cabin. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unlocks the charging port so you don’t have to use the key fob unlock button.
I had that thought, but it doesn’t actually seem to do that… just spins for a while and returns to the same screen with the Stop Charging button still on it. Also. I have Auto Unlock enabled so my cable isn’t locked… have you confirmed that it unlocks your cable if you don’t use Auto Unlock?

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep every time for me when I charge at EA. Normally though I press it before it finishes charging so maybe that is the difference.
Okay, so that’s L3, which is expected. I have done that at EA once, when I didn’t need the full charge. But when I tapped Stop Charging then it actually stopped and unlocked. But next time you’re plugged into your home charger, and it’s done charging, see if the Stop Charging button is still there? Trying to figure out if it’s only me :)

·
162 Posts
So, does anyone know why there's a "Stop charging" button on the Charging tab of the Vehicle screen after charging is done? The charging light on my EVSE is off, the ID.light is solid green and not moving, but yet there's still a "Stop Charging" button on the screen.

Here's the really weird thing - if I tap that button, then CarNet sends me the "Charging has stopped" notification - it never does that until I tap the button or do something else with the car, like start preconditioning the cabin. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
It is an idiotic software bug like so many, nothing else...
I had it on L2 home charging and i could not unplug so I pushed the stop charging with the only effect that it turned on again after about 2sec. It took me 15min to get the plug out.
Whoever programmed that part should have a different job by now.

·
6 Posts
Same issue for me as well. Same issue as Erhard said, it takes me like 15mins to get the plug out.

What I just tried right now is that even though it's done charging, the green light next to the plug will come on. If i hit the stop charging button, it spins and then doesn't do anything, except show that stop charging button again. All I had to do was just unplug it, even though the green light was on indicating charging (which it wasn't actually charging). Very annoying software bug.

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same issue for me as well. Same issue as Erhard said, it takes me like 15mins to get the plug out.

What I just tried right now is that even though it's done charging, the green light next to the plug will come on. If i hit the stop charging button, it spins and then doesn't do anything, except show that stop charging button again. All I had to do was just unplug it, even though the green light was on indicating charging (which it wasn't actually charging). Very annoying software bug.
I think the answer is to ignore the Stop Charging button if charging is done. Just make sure your EVSE isn’t charging any more (light is out) then unlock the doors and pull the plug out…

·
162 Posts
In my case the charging light was green after charging was done but I could not unplug.
Yesterday I had the similar experience at the EA charging station. Charging was done but the green light stayed on but luckily I could unplug.
Software is just very immature but sad in such a critical area and even worse that VW is not fixing it.
I could ask now the funny question of when do we expect the OTA but i don't😊

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In my case the charging light was green after charging was done but I could not unplug.
Yesterday I had the similar experience at the EA charging station. Charging was done but the green light stayed on but luckily I could unplug.
Software is just very immature but sad in such a critical area and even worse that VW is not fixing it.
Per the manual, solid green means charging is done. So that seems right. Green is supposed to pulsate when charging. White means charging hasn’t started yet or something, and pulsing white means waiting for scheduled charge to begin.
However, the light doesn’t indicate when the car is drawing power for other purposes - it stays solid green when climate preconditioning is happening; the only difference is that is relocks the plug (if you have Auto Unlock turned on).

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you have Auto Unlock turned on? Sounds like you don’t. You can set it to Auto Unlock when charging is done either on the charge screen during charging, or in the Car Net app (under Manage Battery Settings - set it to the oddly named “Permanent”). That way it will unlock automatically when charging is done. The default is to leave it locked, presumably because in Europe people bring their own L2 charge cables and want them to stay locked to the car so no one steals them…

·
162 Posts
Do you have Auto Unlock turned on? Sounds like you don’t. You can set it to Auto Unlock when charging is done either on the charge screen during charging, or in the Car Net app (under Manage Battery Settings - set it to the oddly named “Permanent”). That way it will unlock automatically when charging is done. The default is to leave it locked, presumably because in Europe people bring their own L2 charge cables and want them to stay locked to the car so no one steals them…
I Do have auto unlock ON.

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I Do have auto unlock ON.
So, when charging is done your charger doesn’t unlock? Next time try going outside when it’s about to finish and listen for the unlock sound. Also, if it doesn’t unlock, check your EVSE to make sure it’s not still using power for another reason (like climate or battery conditioning). If the EVSE charge light is off, tap the unlock button on the key fob twice and see if that unlocks the cable?

·
162 Posts
This unlock problem happened to me on my home L2 charger and the EA charger and believe I tried all the things u me too EA and more. On the EA charger they finally issued a reboot which then unlocked it. At home for whatever reason it finally freed it after 15min while I was tried all the things I have read about. The bottom line is that should NOT happen at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts