Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone removed or covered up the manufacturers warning labels on the sun visors in US? It appears to be screen printed on th sun visor. I was considering painting some contact paper black and then cover up the sticker remove for resale). Better solutions?

·
2021 ID.4 Pro, Glacier White
259 Posts
That sounds like the best solution to me - Pretty sure it would be illegal to remove it completely

Don

·
Moonstone Gray Pro S
66 Posts
It just occurred to me that it could be covered up with Plastic-Dip. I think masking the area would be a nightmare but it would do the trick and it would come off later.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just occurred to me that it could be covered up with Plastic-Dip. I think masking the area would be a nightmare but it would do the trick and it would come off later.
I happen to have some Plastic-Dip that I can try on a sample piece of vinyl. I would remove sun visor to avoid a total mess

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
834 Posts
Those labels are an eyesore, and every time I see them (in any car) I want to rip them off.

·
Moonstone Gray Pro S
66 Posts
I happen to have some Plastic-Dip that I can try on a sample piece of vinyl. I would remove sun visor to avoid a total mess
Let us know how it turns out! I'm wondering if the masking tape might be difficult to remove. It's not the same as putting the Plastic-Dip on a body part with definite edges.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am happy with the results using Vinyl removable contact paper. Super easy to do, removes fine. Seems to hold up in the heat (so far). Got matt black vinyl (Hobby Lobby, Michales, etc).
Light Black Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Vehicle

Font Wall Material property Pattern Monochrome

·
Moonstone Gray Pro S
66 Posts
I just went to Hobby Lobby and they didn't have Matt black. Fortunately, Michael's is also close by and they had some. And… it was less expensive too!

So, thanks for the tip on covering those warning signs! It's so much nicer with the black covering!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts