Volkswagen ID Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
95 Posts
Did you try PA? Depending on where you are, they’re doing mid-April in King of Prussia.
I am in Pittsburgh and everything is 4-5 hours away. Either east side of PA or Columbus, OH. WV has nothing (no surprise here, there is also no EA station), PA and OH have only one. I am hoping for a local dealer that might get something to show.

·
ID.4 Pro S (Statement) AWD Reservation 9/23/20
286 Posts
I just got an email from VWOA about the ID.4 Roadshow. Only took two days.

·
286 Posts
Mine came with links that don't work. :p
The links worked on my iPhone but not in Outlook on my computer. (Baby steps)

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
70 Posts
I wil follow the reactions after the testride ;)

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
84 Posts
They sent another email with working links. Doubt I drive 50 miles out to test drive at the location VW picked. Also not going to drive out to west LA to test drive. Do better VW.

·
286 Posts
Strange, I signed up and one would think it would be at a dealer, but it's at the mall :)
I have done many of these in the past. They are organized by WV (or other manufacturers) and not the dealers so are always at "neutral" locations. They typically do not have any dealers at the event so the events are pressure-free.

·
1 Posts
3/31 in San Diego. I’m hoping I’ll have my own ID.4 by then and can cancel (or give the slot to a friend). It’s just 5 minutes from me at UTC shopping mall, steps away from the Tesla showroom. Hmm...
We also signed up for San Diego on March 31st. Figured it was at UTC.

·
286 Posts
I signed up for next Thursday at the Oaks in Thousand Oaks. No Tesla Showroom but there is a supercharger at the mall I can charge up while test driving.

·
2 Posts
Signed up for 3/4 in Marin. Earliest slots were waitlisted but after lunch was pretty open. Wife wants an id.4 as an upgrade to her Tiguan SE. I am hoping the Tesla credit is back by the time we are ready to buy so we can do a Model Y simce I already have a Model 3.

Shopping center they are basing out of has a Tesla showroom, a Polestar Space and an Urban Supercharger, good place for a competing EV. Looks like we will be test driving the id.4 and a Polestar 2 from the same lot. Could jump across the freeway and test drive an XC40 recharge too if we wanted to burn even more electrons (but I think the Polestar will satisfy the Volvo/Geely experience since the powertrain is the same on both the 2 and XC40).

·
100 Posts
Signed up for 3/4 in Marin. Earliest slots were waitlisted but after lunch was pretty open. Wife wants an id.4 as an upgrade to her Tiguan SE. I am hoping the Tesla credit is back by the time we are ready to buy so we can do a Model Y simce I already have a Model 3.

Could jump across the freeway and test drive an XC40 recharge too if we wanted to burn even more electrons (but I think the Polestar will satisfy the Volvo/Geely experience since the powertrain is the same on both the 2 and XC40).
You'd have to head up 101 to do that. They are moving to Francisco Blvd East on March1. I did the Polestar test drive a while back. I found it to be a very nice car but felt cramped compared with XC-40.

·
2 Posts
Oh well, we have pretty much eliminated the XC40 due to range. Capacity/spaciousness is not the biggest issue for us, mostly a higher driving position than the M3. Unless real world XC40 numbers come out with vastly improved efficiency a la Taycan, then I really don’t see it working for us. The id.4 is even on the low end of range to qualify and that is with just rwd, AWD would be preferred. Hopefully those EPA numbers come out soon.

·
74 Posts
Thank for this. @Pxpxpunk How did you find out about this? You would think as a reservation holder, I would have gotten some sort of email from WVOA about the event!
This is not Dealer organized... this is VW of America marketing team and the eMobility team that conduct these events. IF you provide your information, which they require at the event, your info will be forwarded to a local dealer to get in contact with you as a follow up (or potential future sale... similar to an InterNational Autoshow in your local large city every year)
VWofA has held these near us in Scottsdale for launch of the Atlas and long body Tiguan. And just like the Autoshows, dealers do not participate.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts