Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced an open source Juice Box EVSE (commonly called a "charger"), which was not UL approved, with the Canadian-made GrizzlE after seeing an article on it on the "Inside EV's" Blog. Couldn't be happier with it after four months of service. Real heavy duty quality product with a lot of options for plug type and cord length. Great price and no sales tax as it is Canadian-made and shipped from Canada. One week from order to delivery for me. Another plus is that I think many of the other EVSE's are made in China.

Proud FE owner
Hope they release the smart version soon! My utility company offers a $500 rebate for connected chargers, but no Grizzl-E models are currently on their approved list.

Hope they release the smart version soon! My utility company offers a $500 rebate for connected chargers, but no Grizzl-E models are currently on their approved list.
It鈥檚 too bad the rebate program has ended for PSE - you鈥檙e just a little north!

Proud FE owner
It鈥檚 too bad the rebate program has ended for PSE - you鈥檙e just a little north!
Without it, I'd probably be holding out. I have a zero commute and there are a good numer of free chargers sitting idle in the Bothell business parks. Not to mention, an EA station.

Reactions: Vwvkk

Reserved: Dusk Blue Metallic '21 ID4 Pro AWD Statement
I replaced an open source Juice Box EVSE (commonly called a "charger"), which was not UL approved, with the Canadian-made GrizzlE after seeing an article on it on the "Inside EV's" Blog. Couldn't be happier with it after four months of service. Real heavy duty quality product with a lot of options for plug type and cord length. Great price and no sales tax as it is Canadian-made and shipped from Canada. One week from order to delivery for me. Another plus is that I think many of the other EVSE's are made in China.
ClipperCreek chargers are made in the USA and UL approved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts