Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

I agree with his bit about the volume rocker hidden at night. I test drove it today at night and I couldn't see it. It was really annoying.

Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
鈥淥ne nice touch was that Apple Maps directions would appear right on the main instrument screen, which is nice, and not something I鈥檓 sure I鈥檝e seen in many other cars.鈥

That is a cool bit of info! I can forgive the frunk obsession now.

鈥淥ne nice touch was that Apple Maps directions would appear right on the main instrument screen, which is nice, and not something I鈥檓 sure I鈥檝e seen in many other cars.鈥

That is a cool bit of info! I can forgive the frunk obsession now.
I'm curious if Apple Maps also generates the LED cues that the native nav system does. I'm assuming they're doing this via a VW-specific API?

ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
Unfortunately, no, the ID light doesn't function with anything other than stock nav. But at least we see next turn indicators on the driver display.

Maybe this can be addressed through software at a later date, but I haven't seen any rumors that it is on VW's to do list.

Unfortunately, no, the ID light doesn't function with anything other than stock nav. But at least we see next turn indicators on the driver display.

Maybe this can be addressed through software at a later date, but I haven't seen any rumors that it is on VW's to do list.
On the European "We Connect" app they added further integration with Apple Maps today (version 1.17) I think you can now send a destination from Apple Maps to the ID Nav. But that doesn't address the ID.light

Reactions: theboomr
1 - 6 of 6 Posts