Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

1st Edition - Arriving in US
Reactions: egsell

ID.4 FE Blue
You think 10 miles away is unacceptable?
I just downloaded the EA app and found out that they are building a charging station only 1.4 miles away from me at a Target! I think Target will be seeing more business from me in the future 馃槈.

VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
The nearest EA to me is 70 miles away.

I have a collection of several appa on my phone. Plugshare, abrp, evgo, chargepoint, EA, greenlots, and now venetian.

I just did a chat with VW regarding the nuances of that phrasing. They will get back to me with the answer.
Got a call back form VWOA and they had an answer on the charging question ... sort of.

The Announcement says "Unlimited DC fast Charging", so that is the official word. But, they also stated that its just an account and it should work on a level 2 charger as well.

For follow up I took a look at Electrify Americas charging network and the vast majority of the chargers are DCFast chargers. there are 111 level2 chargers in service at the moment.

So take that for what it is

Are you guys able to see EA network without giving them a credit card and getting it charged for some $$?? I just want to see the damn network!

what I meant to say is can you see details (like how many chargers there are and what type). Mine shows nothing under details...

Blue ID.4 1st Edition
Are you guys able to see EA network without giving them a credit card and getting it charged for some $$?? I just want to see the damn network!

what I meant to say is can you see details (like how many chargers there are and what type). Mine shows nothing under details...
Just use PlugShare, and set the filter to only show Electrify America.

I don鈥檛 have an account with Electrify America and I can see the details for that charging station in Poway.

Dusk Blue FE

2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
So if I am reading this right, there will be no charge at EA for the actual power you get, but you will be charged the taxes on that power that will come out of a balance you keep with EA. Or is the balance just there to cover miscellaneous charges that might come up?

VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
So if I am reading this right, there will be no charge at EA for the actual power you get, but you will be charged the taxes on that power that will come out of a balance you keep with EA. Or is the balance just there to cover miscellaneous charges that might come up?
I thought it was just for things like idle fees, that aren't covered.

2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
I thought it was just for things like idle fees, that aren't covered.
I though the same thing at first but the read it again and started overthinking it! Either way a pretty good deal for travelling

21 - 35 of 35 Posts