Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, this video is not about the ID.4. It's not even about VW. But it is a very nice introduction to how a BEV works. I drove a Bolt EV for three years and never learned what was happening inside those boxes under the hood. This video, by a Professor (Perfesser?) at Weber State University, lays it all out. He says that, regardless of the shape of the boxes or the layout, the basic elements described in the video apply to all BEVs. All you electrical engineers can skip to the next post.

·
42 Posts
Yes, this video is not about the ID.4. It's not even about VW. But it is a very nice introduction to how a BEV works. I drove a Bolt EV for three years and never learned what was happening inside those boxes under the hood. This video, by a Professor (Perfesser?) at Weber State University, lays it all out. He says that, regardless of the shape of the boxes or the layout, the basic elements described in the video apply to all BEVs. All you electrical engineers can skip to the next post.

In the past, I watched some of John Kelly's videos to learn about my Prius' ECVT / planetary gearset / power split transmission (or whatever Toyota is calling it these days). Now I get to learn about an EV's drivetrain. Thanks for posting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts