Volkswagen ID Forum banner
121 - 140 of 187 Posts

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
161 Posts
2 zones mean you can adjust the temperature independently for driver and front passenger.
3 zones, it's the above plus the ability of adjusting temperature for rear seat passengers, i.e. it will have temp controls for the back seats.

·
20 Posts
Can you clarify what 2-zone means? My 2021 ID 4 pro s only has what I would consider "single zone". IE: the rear vents are on or off with the driver vents, though every vent can be closed or opened manually... did 2022 make the rear vents a separate zone?
2 zone means the driver and passenger can have separate temps. The '23 Pro S Plus adds 3 zone where the driver, passenger, and rear seats can all have different settings

·
44 Posts
Also, according to this article, there’s an additional $1000 rebate if you trade in a fossil burner.

That extra $1000 is just going to incentivize dealers to lowball trade-in offers by another $1000. I sold my 2019 Subaru Forester recently to a different dealer for $3700 more than the one I would’ve traded it into. I wish it was a separate $1000 rebate for selling an ICE car within X number of days of buying an EV.

·
42 Posts
That extra $1000 is just going to incentivize dealers to lowball trade-in offers by another $1000. I sold my 2019 Subaru Forester recently to a different dealer for $3700 more than the one I would’ve traded it into. I wish it was a separate $1000 rebate for selling an ICE car within X number of days of buying an EV.
Most point of sales rebates or credits tend to be used the either give less for trade in or pay more for new cars as they just add the money on top. Don't like it either.

·
1,209 Posts
So I guess VW isn't going to discount the destination charge even for US manufactured models huh :(
For all vehicles, no matter what country they were assembled in, the destination charge only ever covers domestic shipping in the lower 48 states from the factory or port of entry to the dealer. It’s a fixed fee that’s federally mandated and calculated according to a government-specified formula on a per-model basis. Why would you expect them to discount it?

·
1,209 Posts
No one ever said that state legislatures did a poor job of watching out for car dealerships.

·
609 Posts

·
1,308 Posts
I just use a microfiber cloth liked I'd use on my glasses. Similar for cleaner.

Question for you guys... what do you recommend to clean on a daily basis the piano black areas with? Like an iphone cleaning cloth or something like that?

Something like this but larger?

·
5 Posts
I’m shocked that the dusky blue is not a color choice on the 23s built out of Chattanooga. These colors are not what I signed on for. Dusky blue is signature for this VW. And I am unable to configure any interior but white with that sad black blue. Help? Thoughts?

·
609 Posts
I’m shocked that the dusky blue is not a color choice on the 23s built out of Chattanooga. These colors are not what I signed on for. Dusky blue is signature for this VW. And I am unable to configure any interior but white with that sad black blue. Help? Thoughts?
Nope you can't. Part of the reason i am staying with my 2022 in disk blue.

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
449 Posts
It really is a shame. I am not really sure what color Arctic Blue so I didn't pick it. For my new reservation (and I still have my Dusk Blue metallic reserved) I went with the silver with the black interior. If that's the car I get, that will mean we have 2 silver cars in the driveway. I didn't want to pay extra for red and besides, I think that red would clash with my daughter's red car. LOL.

121 - 140 of 187 Posts