Volkswagen ID Forum banner
141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
317 Posts
I’m shocked that the dusky blue is not a color choice on the 23s built out of Chattanooga. These colors are not what I signed on for. Dusky blue is signature for this VW. And I am unable to configure any interior but white with that sad black blue. Help? Thoughts?
The ID.4 configurator tool does not show colors accurately. Skip towards the end of this video to see a blue 2023 coming off the line in Tennessee.

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
448 Posts
I like the Audi Polar Blue but not the Arctic Blue on the Passat, so I am glad I picked the Silver.

·
21 Posts
I’m shocked that the dusky blue is not a color choice on the 23s built out of Chattanooga. These colors are not what I signed on for. Dusky blue is signature for this VW. And I am unable to configure any interior but white with that sad black blue. Help? Thoughts?
Dusky blue? :) First I agree w/you for the exterior. I much prefer DBM over TBM but will deal w/it if converted to 23.
I think the reason they have the color options they do is because of what is currently produced in TN now as that is what the paintshop has. Look at the color options of the cars they currently make there: Atlas and Atlas Cross Sport (RIP Passat). OTOH, blowing a hole in that theory is neither of those are available in Arctic Blue Metallic... but maybe they will be for 23 models?

·
5 Posts
Dusky blue? :) First I agree w/you for the exterior. I much prefer DBM over TBM but will deal w/it if converted to 23.
I think the reason they have the color options they do is because of what is currently produced in TN now as that is what the paintshop has. Look at the color options of the cars they currently make there: Atlas and Atlas Cross Sport (RIP Passat). OTOH, blowing a hole in that theory is neither of those are available in Arctic Blue Metallic... but maybe they will be for 23 models?
Hmmmmm—can a blame autocorrect for that one—I think not. Oh well. Good eye! And you have an interesting theory there, but dang,that’s a cheap solution on their part.

·
609 Posts
Ah you must be locked in. Tried to deal with this this afternoon and because I have only a 4 month old reservation (1), nothing can be done. I feel like VW America did a bait and switch on me. Feeling betrayed.
Been locked going on 4 months.. 😥

·
202? ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey (On Order) • 2015 BMW i3 REX
5 Posts
Went back and watched the teaser videos from last week and looked into more examples recommended of Pure Grey and it looks great and in actuality nearly identical to Moonstone If not just a hair darker. What we all assumed was Moonstone in the factory clips was actually Pure Grey probably and it looks super good. Looking forward to seeing actual photos of the new darker interior options for the Pro S. Definitely going with that for the ‘23 order update. I love the lighter seats but just don’t prefer the blue.

·
162 Posts
Wonder if they will have a heat pump or V2L capability in the 2023 models. I locked a couple weeks ago and the configurator still says it is a 2022 model being delivered in October.

·
136 Posts
Wonder if they will have a heat pump or V2L capability in the 2023 models. I locked a couple weeks ago and the configurator still says it is a 2022 model being delivered in October.
From what I'm seeing (looking at the specs on the 2023 on the website) there is still no heat pump available on the US models.

·
12 Posts
Weirdly the 2023 orders show arriving in the us so maybe that will fall off as the 2022 orders close and they can update it for the tenn orders

·
136 Posts
Does anyone see where it lists the adjustable height floor in the storage? I don't see it for any of the trims.
While I haven't seen it listed, I was watching one of the factory videos to get an idea on colors. I noticed one of the workers getting into the trunk and he lifts what appears to be the adjustable height floor, then lifts a second panel to get into the "bottom" well of the trunk -- so based on the video it does appear (at least some models) will have the adjustable height floor. You can see it in this video at roughly 31:45.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts