Volkswagen ID Forum banner
161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
5 Posts
Sorry i cant look at this without thinking ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We have people here waiting for months and months to here from there car and all i see is promotion for newer cars. How about updating the people who locked these orders VW!!??? This is coming from a person who has had VW cars going on 20+ years. Sorry guys if i am yealling but if feel frustrated right now.
My words exactly this afternoon when it all hit the fan after my Update to 23 email!

·
202? ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey (On Order) • 2015 BMW i3 REX
5 Posts
Did anyone notice that it doesn’t appear that the cup holders are modular anymore with the US center console? Unless it’s just done differently.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Grey

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Plant

I thought that was one of the cooler features of the previous models. That also carried over to the ID Buzz. Especially if you use a Hydro Flask or something similar.

Car Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Auto part

Car Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

·
1,469 Posts
Did anyone notice that it doesn’t appear that the cup holders are modular anymore with the US center console? Unless it’s just done differently.

View attachment 13915

View attachment 13916
I thought that was one of the cooler features of the previous models. That also carried over to the ID Buzz. Especially if you use a Hydro Flask or something similar.

View attachment 13914
View attachment 13917
Correct. Part of the new Americanized console design.
One of the removable pieces in the Buzz also doubles as an ice scraper for your windshield. Scott Keogh made a point of showing that in a video somewhere.

·
2014 VW CC (ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD reserved. The wait begins....)
46 Posts
omg, my eyes, that white and blue interior. Nooooooooo.
I'm trying to figure out if that blue trim is as nutty as that photo above or more subdued like on the website. If my order is switched from 22 to 23, I am so torn on the colors. I really want the blue exterior and black interior, but blue only comes with....that. Other option is red with black interior but I'm not sure I'm feeling the Aurora red based on how it looks on Passat and Atlas. I really don't understand why you can't pick either interior color regardless of exterior color since it would go with both.

·
1,209 Posts
It does seem to be very polarizing doesn’t it. I kind of think of it like the brown was way back. A lot of people seemed to hate it till they saw it in person. Pictures and colors on your monitor or display can really change the look of things.
I’ve gotta say that I really like the blue-trim interior. It gives off a kind of “bridge on a starship” vibe to my eyes.

I’m also a big fan of my black interior with the brown trim, which I was skeptical of before I ordered. It was definitely one of those “pictures don’t do it justice, you’ve gotta see it in person” things.

·
Locked 7/13 White/ProS-G/AWD
39 Posts
@Plant Peon have you heard the new sound system with subwoofer? If so, would you consider it a huge improvement over the previous sound system? That is the one big feature I wouldn't mind having but is it worth the cost. That's my difficulty.

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
161 Posts
Haven’t seen any mention though was curious if the subwoofer will reduce the cargo space on Plus version? Asking in case anyone has an idea.

·
226 Posts
I'm trying to figure out if that blue trim is as nutty as that photo above or more subdued like on the website. If my order is switched from 22 to 23, I am so torn on the colors. I really want the blue exterior and black interior, but blue only comes with....that. Other option is red with black interior but I'm not sure I'm feeling the Aurora red based on how it looks on Passat and Atlas. I really don't understand why you can't pick either interior color regardless of exterior color since it would go with both.
for me, what it comes down to is, why would you hinge sales on a polarizing interior colour combos and restrict ext colours to really conservative options? I'm so tired of the neutral exterior colours that the selection with the 2023 ID4 is painful. The Black, white, silver, and a sky blue silver? That's just isn't different enough, and oh right the old man dark blue... I miss you grandpa...

Re the red. Red is a tricky colour on a more main stream car. This isn't a sports car and I wonder if a darker red would be more interesting. Maybe even a black cherry colour could work.

I did share a video of Porsche 911s a guy did up here in Toronto. He was showing all of the greens and blues (some yellows and oranges). The brighter mid blues and the mid and darker non metallic greens were really gorgeous. The Audi Q3 has a bright blue called turbo blue that just makes me smile. It's not over the top, just vibrant. There's a really bright green for the Macan, but I think that's polarizing it's so in your face. Anyways, hello VW? Colour?

·
152 Posts
It does seem to be very polarizing doesn’t it. I kind of think of it like the brown was way back. A lot of people seemed to hate it till they saw it in person. Pictures and colors on your monitor or display can really change the look of things.
It reminds me of my aunt's 55 DeSoto. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
17 Posts
I think I like the blue and white interior but would for sure want to see it prior to ordering it. Chances of that happening prior to hopefully locking down a MY23? Close to zero. Going with the Aurora red which I think looks great on other VWs.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
317 Posts

·
1,307 Posts
Interesting.... we noted in that thread that the VW Builder nor the press release makes no mention of it on the standard specs.

I asked this question on the Chat for the configurator, and they told me it does include DC fast charging. I know we're getting conflicting information, and this is an open question at this point.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts