Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks

Just found out from my contact at VW public relations that the ID.4 will be making the rounds to a few dealerships in the coming weeks.

"A prototype ID.4 will be in Detroit-area next Mon/Tues at Suburban Volkswagen of Troy and then goes to Chicago Thur/Fri. Confirming dealerships there as we speak. After Thanksgiving, it’ll head to SF, LA, Phoenix and then back east to Miami."

Nov 16/17 - Suburban Volkswagen of Troy (Detroit)
Nov 18/19 - Chicago (Dealership TBD)
· Thursday 11/19 – Bill Jacobs Volkswagen
· Friday 11/20 – The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside
TBD - San Francisco
TBD - LA
TBD Phoenix
(EDIT) TBD Miami

Apparently a larger roadshow is also planned for 2021.

Is anyone on the forum from Detroit? It would be awesome if you could swing by and take some photos!

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
231 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same one that was on display at Herndon, VA last weekend.

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No dealers on the east coast??
Not that they said. I wonder if its doing media rounds too, hitting the big markets with lots of journalists.

But shocking that they wouldn't have something close to NYC.

·
6 Posts
Hi folks

Just found out from my contact at VW public relations that the ID.4 will be making the rounds to a few dealerships in the coming weeks.

"A prototype ID.4 will be in Detroit-area next Mon/Tues at Suburban Volkswagen of Troy and then goes to Chicago Thur/Fri. Confirming dealerships there as we speak. After Thanksgiving, it’ll head to SF, LA, Phoenix and then back east to Miami."

TBD - San Francisco
TBD - LA
TBD Phoenix

Is anyone on the forum from Detroit? It would be awesome if you could swing by and take some photos!
Hi folks

TBD - San Francisco
TBD - LA
TBD Phoenix

I am from Ann Arbor near Detroit. I have a PRO on pre order. I would love to attend and share some pictures!

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazing! Thanks @Mike Burns

I've asked the VW PR folks if you need to do anything special or just reach out to the dealership yourself. I'm sure that will work.

I've also confirmed it will be in Miami close to the end of the year. (I'll update my original post)

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Confirming, just reach out to the dealership.

And I should have info on the Chicago dealerships shortly

·
10 Posts
Aero247 - Oh, the Highway 1 route is much more scenic! Its only about 110-120 miles between chargers - including at my dealer in Santa Maria. I'm lobbying for the coastal route...

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
231 Posts
Nothing says "boondoggle" like Fresno. :D

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, @DanM this one is for you

Chicago dates and locations:
· Thursday 11/19 – Bill Jacobs Volkswagen
· Friday 11/20 – The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside

·
7 Posts
Hey Wimbledon, I'm in the Phoenix market as well (North Scottsdale). Would love to see the ID.4 in person!

·
7 Posts
Wow, I just assumed that was another TJ's in the valley - couldn't tell from the pic it was the one on FLW. Very cool, I'll keep an eye open; I find myself either at TJs or Lowes right there far too often...

Which dealership is your reservation through?

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@St00k do you know which dealer for Phoenix?
Nope. I don't think VW knows yet either to be honest but I'll post here when they do.

As of yesterday they hadn't even confirmed the Chicago dealerships so they'll probably need a bit more time to lock down Phoenix.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts