Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
34 Posts
Even a lighter color would help. I suppose in theory you could slide some light-colored material up there between the shade and the window. No idea if it would help. Or for that matter, how to get the thing in and out without messing something up.
I like to tinker with stuff but I'll stay clear of altering that mechanism. Perhaps VW or a 3rd party will figure out something.

·
Glacier White/Lunar Grey 1st Edition with 19" Wheels
151 Posts
Even a lighter color would help. I suppose in theory you could slide some light-colored material up there between the shade and the window. No idea if it would help. Or for that matter, how to get the thing in and out without messing something up.
I want reflective material facing up on the shade. Something like my windshield heatscreen. A reflective liner would not take up too much room if the screen was manufactured with it attached, but idk if you it would work well aftermarket.

·
58 Posts
I want reflective material facing up on the shade. Something like my windshield heatscreen.
This is what I have been doing with a very thin, highly reflective windshield sun shade I bought at Costco. It easily slips between the panoramic glass and the car's roller shade. I leave the car's shade open far enough to place it and remove it without operating the roller shade. It's not elegant, but it makes a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
822 Posts
I like to tinker with stuff but I'll stay clear of altering that mechanism. Perhaps VW or a 3rd party will figure out something.
I was thinking in terms of some sort of reflective film that would be applied to the inside of the glass while the shade is open. The only tricky bit is that you want to be able to easily remove it in the fall.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts