Volkswagen ID Forum banner
101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
832 Posts

·
832 Posts
The screenshot VW-TECHNICIAN posted - I don't think that is VCDS? (It's from an Android phone)
VCDS now has phone apps as well as WIN computer program.

·
231 Posts
Interesting? So it doesn’t need a laptop anymore?
I thought the hex net V2 dongle was still connected via USB
Hex-net can be used wired or wirelessly. Hex-v2 is wired only. For the price difference, I didn’t see it worth having the hex-net as I only plug in to make coding changes or run a diagnostic test. I think the hex-net wireless option is good for those who want to see live stats while driving. Correct me if I’m wrong about that one lol.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
92 Posts
Next thing is to disable auto start headlights that are triggered by speed motion....there are people who want this
And I will be moving to Ross-Tech.com forum in the future..... so future codings will be there to search....
I am one of those people! Will you post codings here as well as there?

I bought the ID.4 because it was supposed to be the EV "for the rest of us." Now I'm looking at jailbreaking a car? LOL!

·
2021 ID.4 Pro
147 Posts
The screenshot that was posted is NOT from anything made by Ross-Tech. Our software is still for Windows PC's. We have a mobile setup called VCDS-Mobile but I would not consider it fully functional for the ID.4 at the present time so don't buy a HEX-NET just for that.
Too late, just put in an upgrade order for the HEX-NET from my 14 year old HEX+CAN. Thanks.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro
147 Posts
OK, well since you did, thanks and make sure to install Beta 21.8 (or newer if it's updated by the time this post gets read):

I will be a while, have to ship the old one back first, going out today via FedEx and as I am on the left coast shipping each way will take a week or so. Assuming FedEx doesn't take longer than normal which they do lately.

·
787 Posts
But you can use Ross-Tech.com...also confirmed.....i have Ross-Tech.com also......
Obd11 has some bugs that can give you problems if you don't know how to fix.
Andy software is definitely more reliable and it will only give you issues if you choose wrong byte or bits when doing long coding

·
231 Posts
But you can use Ross-Tech.com...also confirmed.....i have Ross-Tech.com also......
Obd11 has some bugs that can give you problems if you don't know how to fix.
Andy software is definitely more reliable and it will only give you issues if you choose wrong byte or bits when doing long coding
which is why it's always good to make a backup before making changes ;)

·
2021 ID.4 Pro
147 Posts
What software is this? OBD11?
Not to nitpic, but it is not 11, but rather Roman Numeral II so it is ODB2. If you are going to talk to somebody about it, you might as well have the correct nomenclature. :)

·
787 Posts
which is why it's always good to make a backup before making changes ;)
Definitely coding is not for someone who is not experienced.......and needs to know logic behind if he changing something how it will affect other things.
I will be on Ross-Tech.com forum....but I would advise anyone who is first time user to ask for help from someone who is actually familiar with Ross-Tech.com and give you hands on training....
Ross-Tech.com is favorite tool by many VW Technicians and I myself also use it almost daily.....so read....ask questions on his forum....and try to learn how to use....

·
2021 ID.4 Pro
147 Posts
Not really it's called OBDeleven officially, but i was to lazy to type it out fully.
That is not correct. People are calling it eleven as they don't realize it is a roman numeral 2, which is denoted by 2 capital I's (eyes). It is the second gen of the ODB protocol, (technically the 3rd, as there was a version 1.5). There is also and ODB III that is related to emissions, so should that one be called onehundredeleven?

Some references:

101 - 120 of 137 Posts