Volkswagen ID Forum banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
44 Posts

Use OBDeleven, VCDS, or ODIS.

Under A5-front sensor for driver assistant systems, change the adaptations “switch-on condition lane depart. warn.” from “on (setting via menu)” to “off (setting via menu)”.

Security code should be 20103.

Sorry if this is already explained before.

Enjoy

·
44 Posts
Does that code work for other modules?
It does, but not all of them. If you are referring modules protected by SFD, that is different story. You need a different code (very long one specific to your car/module by the vw server)

·
13 Posts
I've had multiple late-model VWs and Audis (yes I have a problem) that had this feature and all allowed it to be enabled or disabled at will by the driver, on the fly at any time, on demand. The ID.4 is the first vehicle in my experience that insists on defaulting this feature to Enabled. And if the car is "asleep" it can take up to a minute to get to the screen where you can disable it, and only if the car isn't in motion.
Could you please let us know what is the combination of screen touches (Menus that allow disabling it)

·
774 Posts
Nice. Overall a great car for the price, wish there are easier options to make these small changes...
Many independent VW shops have probably done this for years and have the right tools+skills and could do it quick with the info in this thread.

·
231 Posts
Many independent VW shops have probably done this for years and have the right tools+skills and could do it quick with the info in this thread.
Yeah, it’s too bad Ross Tech is now putting a limit on number of vins. It used to be a nice community of VW owners who would help each other out with these types of changes.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
92 Posts
If you have appropriate tools like Ross-Tech.com or obdeleven...someone on the phone could guide you how to setup and you could learn.
I taught myself to program medical databases, but I didn’t START with live patient data. I’d be fine if I could use Ross-Tech on something like a toaster to start, and work my way up to a car.

·
40 Posts
Has anyone been able to successfully do this with OBDEleven?
I tried today - when I go to this control unit adaptation, it says there are no options. But if I do a backup of the control unit A5, then the option to change the adaptation to "off (setting via menu)" is available(strange...), but even if I make the change and write it, lane keep assist still defaults to enabled? I tried writing the change, getting out of the car closing the door and locking it, then unlocking getting back in and foot on the brake.

Use OBDeleven, VCDS, or ODIS.

Under A5-front sensor for driver assistant systems, change the adaptations “switch-on condition lane depart. warn.” from “on (setting via menu)” to “off (setting via menu)”.

Security code should be 20103.

Sorry if this is already explained before.

Enjoy

·
787 Posts
Has anyone been able to successfully do this with OBDEleven?
I tried today - when I go to this control unit adaptation, it says there are no options. But if I do a backup of the control unit A5, then the option to change the adaptation to "off (setting via menu)" is available(strange...), but even if I make the change and write it, lane keep assist still defaults to enabled? I tried writing the change, getting out of the car closing the door and locking it, then unlocking getting back in and foot on the brake.
Look for my other posts...there will be screen picture of obdeleven .....and yes it is possible.

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
380 Posts
Yeah, it’s too bad Ross Tech is now putting a limit on number of vins. It used to be a nice community of VW owners who would help each other out with these types of changes.
We have VIN-limited and VIN-unlimited options, depending on the customer's budget and needs. Also VIN upgrades are available if you need more VINs in the future. The VIN limitation was a way to offer a lower cost interface for enthusiasts who only planned to scan a car or three (the HEX-V2 with 3 VINs is $199 compared to the product it replaced, the HEX+CAN, that was was $349). Also you do not need to use up a VIN just to scan a car, etc. If you are making changes then that would require using a VIN.

·
Super Moderator
1,089 Posts
Pro Tip: Use your turn signal.
@VW Dave explains the problem well.

If that were all it did I’d be more ok with it. I‘ll give an example. On my way home from downtown the main road forks into 2 roads. The striping on the left continues straight but there’s no striping on the right where the fork is. The car wants to forcefully keep me to the left when I want to veer right. A similar thing happens merging from the fwy off ramp onto the main road. In short the car makes incorrect assumptions about lane merges and again forcefully tugs on the steering when there is no need to. It’s almost alarming sometime. I’m where I want and need to be but the car tries to make lane corrections anyway.

Driving on a winding 2-lane state Hwy through the mountains, lane centering is constantly tugging and nudging the wheel because it thinks I’m not positioned correctly in my lane.

This feature could be disabled on my previous vehicles including VWs and it would remain disabled. But it’s re-enabled on the ID.4 at every “start”. Sometimes I have to wait nearly a minute to finally get to the screen where it can be disabled after “starting” the car due to infotainment system lag. And the car has to be stopped to change it.

I want this feature to remain disabled when I disable it. Help me VCDS.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts