Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
34 Posts
In your survey, it would have made sense to have the responders list the timestamp of their Reservation Email of the $100 Hold. It will dictate partially the 1st come/ 1st serve "production slot opening" (by configuration/color) & will likely indicate the order in which the local dealer will be looking for that $400 to get chocked up, thus locking in the order & the car will be assembled. I think this all is going to happen in the next couple weeks.

·
81 Posts
In your survey, it would have made sense to have the responders list the timestamp of their Reservation Email of the $100 Hold. It will dictate partially the 1st come/ 1st serve "production slot opening" (by configuration/color) & will likely indicate the order in which the local dealer will be looking for that $400 to get chocked up, thus locking in the order & the car will be assembled. I think this all is going to happen in the next couple weeks.
That's a good data point. My email came in on 9/23 at 1:12pm. (Blue ID.4 1st)

·
34 Posts
Yeah, mine came in on 9/23 @ 1:56pm. (Blue ID4: 1st) Obviously earlier than me.

The way I am reading it, is that the dealer we opted for will get a message from VWoA of a manufacturing opening, who in turn needs to get a message to us that we can "advance" on our configuration & select our additional options to finalize the order where "we" as the consumer will be prompted by the website to make an additional $400 deposit to lock in the order. At which point, VW will "make" the car.

THIS is how they have been doing it in Germany for direct ordering. I know this is how people buy their cars & pick them up directly in Wolfsburg. Only difference is it will be loaded in a boat... Remember, there are 2,626 '1ST Editions & I know they are going to push for the ZEV state order-ers (especially California) are going to get priority.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
122 Posts
For those on the West Coast, i would guess the port of entry will be Houston, so a longer voyage than say Baltimore. ID.4 is supposed to be net zero end-to-end, so I wonder if that impacts vessels and ports.

·
VW 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium 4Motion
24 Posts
I have cancelled my ID.4 AWD Pro reservation. Please remove my reservation details from the Reservation Tracking List.
The current specifications of the US version of the ID.4 AWD Pro do not satisfy my needs. I hope that the ID.4 Pro Max is made available in the USA early in the near future, with most, if not all of its current specs intact. By listing only the ID.4 1st Edition and the ID.4 Pro (both with estimated future delivery dates) on the USA vehicle configurator, VW has given me the impression that the other ID.4 trims (particularly the ID.4 Max) will not be available in the USA in the near future. Additionally, offering the ID.4 with heat pump for Canada but not for the USA was one of several major disappointments.

·
16 Posts
I have cancelled my ID.4 AWD Pro reservation. Please remove my reservation details from the Reservation Tracking List.
The current specifications of the US version of the ID.4 AWD Pro do not satisfy my needs. I hope that the ID.4 Pro Max is made available in the USA early in the near future, with most, if not all of its current specs intact. By listing only the ID.4 1st Edition and the ID.4 Pro (both with estimated future delivery dates) on the USA vehicle configurator, VW has given me the impression that the other ID.4 trims (particularly the ID.4 Max) will not be available in the USA in the near future. Additionally, offering the ID.4 with heat pump for Canada but not for the USA was one of several major disappointments.
What else do you need besides the Heat Pump? I am a bit disappointed they left it out for the US spec ID.4 as well. What else from the MAX do you want?

·
VW 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium 4Motion
24 Posts
I choose my cars for quality, functionality, technology, and comfort, within a reasonable budget. In a nutshell, VW should offer the ID.4 Max in the USA. None of the other ID.4 trims satisfy my needs. I see no good reason why VW choose not to offer the ID.4 Max in the reservation system. If, for example, they had offered the ID.4 Max for US delivery in, say, late 2021, then the customer can make an informed decision to either reserve and await delivery in late 2021 or choose another manufacturer. Without that information, my only choice is to go shopping at another manufacturer. Fortunately for VW Group, I am also considering the Audi Q4 e-tron. Hopefully the folks at Audi do not make the same unfortunate decision as VW did.

·
104 Posts
I’ll say it again not to be mean. This car was built for the average car buyer. That is its price point. They want to sell this to people who buy the Mazda CX-5, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4. The Audi will probably be around 55k. The Audi is for a different segment and they probably won’t sell 500k of them in its existence. They are making the ID.4 in 4 countries. By the way the Q4 e-tron is gorgeous and if it was in my budget I would take a hard look at it. I’ll be at 35k after 10k in incentives with ID.4. Perfect for my budget.

·
69 Posts
@eldecarlo,

It is my understanding that the base Q4 will be $45,000. That would be with the 82 kWh battery and RWD config. Last I read Audi plans on releasing details on the Q4 by the end of the year.

I am sure the options from Audi will be more expensive just wonder how close the base spec will be to the Statement ID4.

The Q4 shown at the auto shows with the blue and light interior looked great

·
62 Posts
Fascinating to see that of all the folks who have entered their data, only one is coming over from Tesla.

·
Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
50 Posts
I'm historically an Audi guy but both the current e-tron (bigger than Q5) and even the projected Q4 sized e-tron (between Q3 and Q5 in size) are bigger than I would want these retiree/downsized days. And as others have cited there's always that premium price differential for a premium Audi (and come to think of it I had a $1,000 reservation on a Tesla 3 at intro, but cancelled, so this $100 + $400 is very fair).
I really like the CUV-looks and stance of the ID.4, with surprisingly good cargo volume without resorting to typical SUV boxiness. We bought two 2018 Benz GLA's for similar CUV style/stance (MY2020/2021 is a full SUV, so ...).
But everyone's needs are different and there's no harm in waiting if it doesn't check all the boxes for you. Since changing my mind on the Tesla I'd been waiting on the right electric for me and thankfully it has arrived. ;)
Oh, and I slept on my ID.4 decision for two days so I'm lagging the rest at Sept 25th. :rolleyes:

I choose my cars for quality, functionality, technology, and comfort, within a reasonable budget. In a nutshell, VW should offer the ID.4 Max in the USA. None of the other ID.4 trims satisfy my needs. I see no good reason why VW choose not to offer the ID.4 Max in the reservation system. If, for example, they had offered the ID.4 Max for US delivery in, say, late 2021, then the customer can make an informed decision to either reserve and await delivery in late 2021 or choose another manufacturer. Without that information, my only choice is to go shopping at another manufacturer. Fortunately for VW Group, I am also considering the Audi Q4 e-tron. Hopefully the folks at Audi do not make the same unfortunate decision as VW did.
I’ll say it again not to be mean. This car was built for the average car buyer. That is its price point. They want to sell this to people who buy the Mazda CX-5, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4. The Audi will probably be around 55k. The Audi is for a different segment and they probably won’t sell 500k of them in its existence. They are making the ID.4 in 4 countries. By the way the Q4 e-tron is gorgeous and if it was in my budget I would take a hard look at it. I’ll be at 35k after 10k in incentives with ID.4. Perfect for my budget.

·
ID.4 1st Black (hope to score blue)
28 Posts
#43 added. Thanks for tracking all this.
My reservation has a note on it that if one becomes available I want to switch from Mythos Black to Dusk Blue. Missed out on the blue because my notes said release date was the 24th. I'm so glad I got wind of the release and got my reservation in. 1St Edition ticked all my boxes and then some.

·
47 Posts
My reservation has a note on it that if one becomes available I want to switch from Mythos Black to Dusk Blue. Missed out on the blue because my notes said release date was the 24th. I'm so glad I got wind of the release and got my reservation in. 1St Edition ticked all my boxes and then some.
I tried for a Blue 1st Edition as well. I started trying to get in my reservation as soon as the site opened. By the time I was finally able to get in and reserve a car, Blue was already spoken for. In the end I decided to get an AWD version, in Blue.

·
81 Posts
Just added mine. First Moonstone Grey - doesn't seem to be a popular color. With the addition of the ID.4, we will be a 2 EV home/ICE free home.
The Moonstone Grey was actually my favorite of the colors, but not available on the First. I was a little disappointed in the color choices. I was hoping they would at least have Silk or Stone Blue Metallic.

·
15 Posts
The Moonstone Grey was actually my favorite of the colors, but not available on the First. I was a little disappointed in the color choices. I was hoping they would at least have Silk or Stone Blue Metallic.
Moonstone Grey was my favorite too

21 - 40 of 51 Posts