Volkswagen ID Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
14 Posts
I have cancelled my reservation, if anyone wants a first call customer service. 250 range, lack of information, and price point for range are my reasons.
I've considered cancelling my reservation, too. I still want the car, but like you, the range is disappointing. I'm anxious to replace my 2012 Honda Accord. It's too bad the Nissan Ariya isn't available now.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
233 Posts
Seems like, for FE's, they've built about half dozen each black and white, while all others are blue! I think they missed something by not offering a King's Red Metallic option - it would have been a great attention grabber.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
233 Posts
Shows that state incentives are massive drivers.

·
7 Posts
My dealer told me has 40 reservations (VW North Scottsdale, AZ), so we need to get the word out 'cause we're way undercounting!

·
67 Posts
Please realize that this reservation tracking list only represents people on the forum.

·
20 Posts
My dealer told me has 40 reservations (VW North Scottsdale, AZ), so we need to get the word out 'cause we're way undercounting!
I know! The problem is all the reservation holders are hiding in plain sight. Unless we all start wearing big ol' ID.4 badges, nobody knows who to pass the word about this forum to. Of course, we can't get everyone to wear the badges unless they read it here. In which case, we don't need the badges. A perplexing conundrum....:p

·
204 Posts
This collaborative reservation tracker is useful for the ID.4 community to see order dates, reservation locations, and the popularity of various configurations. Please add your order details to the list:

Step 1: Complete Short Form Here
Step 2: Confirm entry in this discussion thread so we can keep the list active.
Step 3: View Results

Share the reservation tracker so we can add more entries. In the future, the thread will be updated with interesting statistics based on the entries.

View attachment 516
The results spreadsheet is now live and that spreadsheet will automatically update to show the new responses as more people participate in the coming weeks and months.

So far, it looks like the ID.4 will be the first electric vehicle for two-thirds of us. Surprised to see no Tesla owners yet.
Can you please remove my FE Glacier White from the list. I canceled my order. May reorder a Pro AWD, but haven’t decided yet. I will advise if I do. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2021 ID.4 Reservation
108 Posts
Sorry to read of your cancellation eldecarlo. We've appreciated your posts. Hope you do return for a Pro AWD. Fair winds ....
Can you please remove my FE Glacier White from the list. I canceled my order. May reorder a Pro AWD, but haven’t decided yet. I will advise if I do. Thank you!

·
204 Posts
Sorry to read of your cancellation eldecarlo. We've appreciated your posts. Hope you do return for a Pro AWD. Fair winds ....
Thank you! You also for your input and everyone in that regard. I’ve learned so much and did a lot of research too. I knew a bunch of basic things but have been enlightened enough to hold off on my decision. Fortunately I don’t need another vehicle right now because of my wife working from home. I’m still leaning towards the pro AWD. We will see what happens.

·
67 Posts
Another ID4 First Edition is available - please take me off the tracking list. I have decided to cancel my reservation and will pursue electric technology in a few years. My reasons ... the lease price will too much to justify and with the purchase there are too many unknowns - depreciation, wife uncomfortable with electric since this would be our first, no local EA charging for free, future battery and EV technology changes, no State support and incentives, $50K up front (since I won't finance) and others. I do think VW will produce a quality product, but will it be accepted like Tesla? Over time I am sure it will. A lot to think about and I have been torn on this for the past few weeks, but I have to do what I feel is right. I am picking up my new 2021 Volvo XC40 R Design on Friday.

Good luck to everyone. I will be watching the release and wish you the best.

·
17 Posts
For similar reasons as the poster above I, too, have cancelled my reservation. So please take me off the reservation list.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts