Volkswagen ID Forum banner
101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Dusk Blue Metallic ID.4 Pro S (Statement) RWD - Step 4/7
46 Posts
Hey Everyone, I'm a little later to the game but I just reserved a Blue Dusk Metallic Pro S on New Year's Eve. First EV, but have been thinking about it for a long time. I share some of the same anxieties as others who may have cancelled their reservations, but I expect to have them whenever the switch to and EV would happen. The tipping point for me was reading a survey of EV drivers where only 1% said they would switch back to ICE.

I'm curious if anything has progressed for those of you who reserved as early as September? My confirmation email defines the next steps, but I have not idea as far as a time-frame, or if I should even expect it this year. I'm sure it will also be different for those of you with September reservations and me, but still wondering. Is anyone beyond the "Reservation Confirmed" step? If so, what has the timing between steps been like?
Interestingly, I received the email from VW about placing the order today, exactly 2 weeks after making my reservation. I'm the second latest reservation on the tracking spreadsheet (currently), so I'm assuming anyone who ordered an FE or PRO RWD has as well?

·
17 Posts
I just received an email from VW asking for the next $400 payment. I ordered a Pro Statement version (dusk blue with lunar gray leatherette interior) back on 12/17/20. The email states that the payment is due by 1/28/21.

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
75 Posts
done

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
75 Posts
I’ll say it again not to be mean. This car was built for the average car buyer. That is its price point. They want to sell this to people who buy the Mazda CX-5, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4. The Audi will probably be around 55k. The Audi is for a different segment and they probably won’t sell 500k of them in its existence. They are making the ID.4 in 4 countries. By the way the Q4 e-tron is gorgeous and if it was in my budget I would take a hard look at it. I’ll be at 35k after 10k in incentives with ID.4. Perfect for my budget.
that was my reasoning as well.

Reactions: jonic

·
ID.4 1st Edition
171 Posts
Just completed the survey

·
24 Posts
just added my order info....I received notice that i hit step 6 'prepare for purchase' yesterday...assume the id4 must be on a vehicle transport to my local dealership in Florida.

·
46 Posts
just added my order info....I received notice that i hit step 6 'prepare for purchase' yesterday...assume the id4 must be on a vehicle transport to my local dealership in Florida.
I got an email on 14Mar with my wheel of impatience switching to "leaving the factory". So, I am going to venture a guess that your car and my car are on the same boat and that your car is still on the boat. I did some digging and found that VW has 2 currently operating commissioned LNG boats for car transport, the Siem Aristotle and the Siem Confucius. The Aristole is in Germany... So, I doubt either of our cars are on there (based on wait time) and the Confucius is moored in Baltimore with it's next stop being Jacksonville. I bet they skipped you right to payment on the wheel of impatience because you live so close to Jacksonville! I bet my wheel will turn when it ports in Jacksonville because it will still need to go on transport to Alabama. I don't know how interested you are in these nit-node details... but, doing all this research has made me far less irritated at the wheel of torture!

·
24 Posts
LOL, yes it switched to arriving in the usa about two weeks ago...so not sure if its still on that ship or maybe the shipment before that one. My dealer received their demo car and another customers id4 about two weeks ago which was strange as I ordered it within 2 hours of receiving the email on that day. I guess I will wait patiently :)

·
24 Posts
just got a text from my sales rep in Clearwater, my ID4 has arrived and will be prepped and ready tomorrow. For anyone else waiting, the 'Arriving in USA' flipped on ~the 20th of March, then the 'Prepare for purchase' was on April 3rd and now the car has arrived on April the 5th.
hopefully that helps others still waiting.

btw, if i had known that 50% of purchasers were getting the blue color I would have gotten the white one :giggle:...but my heart is in love with that honey yellow color...is that not available in the U.S.? Hope that color will be an option when the dune buggy comes out...that would be SWEET!

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
721 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Just put the $100 down. Haven't owned a VW since 2004. Looking forward to the ID4 PRO S Gradient in Moonstone, and my first EV!

Reactions: egsell and ErickF
101 - 120 of 161 Posts