Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Reserved a 2021 ID.4 RWD Pro S Gradient Kings Red
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, I found this gem of a disclaimer in a footnote. In other words, whatever the dealer wants to charge you, by plunking down $500 (maybe refundable, maybe not) you agree to pay what they ask. Interesting.
C3460E4F-B4E8-44DE-A246-E7109EFBC778.png

·
63 Posts
If so, I found this gem of a disclaimer in a footnote. In other words, whatever the dealer wants to charge you, by plunking down $500 (maybe refundable, maybe not) you agree to pay what they ask. Interesting. View attachment 3691
If you are saying about VW ID4, here is my experience, My dealer gave me free tinting, free protection & Convenience package and increased price for my trade in which was not expected after my research from various places.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ford is saying “you pay whatever your dealer says the price is, or you don’t get the car.” VW has no such caveat, and I know this because I JUST LOCKED! Time from initial reservation to lock was just shy of 2 weeks. Delivery in August or September. Extremely stoked.

·
167 Posts
You are now in limbo -- waiting for your car to be manufactured. I've been there for over three weeks with no movement. When that finally does happen, you'll move to the next limbo which is waiting for your car to arrive at the American port. That'll move you to the final limbo which is transport from the port to your dealer.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that VW has under-promised on scheduling and will overdeliver. Time will tell...

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
957 Posts
Negotiate your purchase price (and therefore your purchase dealership) before placing your order. Like with the ID.4, these aren't lottery orders, there's no limited supply in that respect. Order from the dragnet who commits to a agreeable price.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are now in limbo -- waiting for your car to be manufactured. I've been there for over three weeks with no movement. When that finally does happen, you'll move to the next limbo which is waiting for your car to arrive at the American port. That'll move you to the final limbo which is transport from the port to your dealer.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that VW has under-promised on scheduling and will overdeliver. Time will tell...
Let’s do the limbo rock!

·
2021 ID.4 ProS Mythos Blk/Lunar Gray
14 Posts
Ordered AWD: Apr 8
Switched to RWD: Apr 15
Arrived at dealership: May 17
Zero games, paid MSRP and nothing added at all.
That's only one month. It could have been a reshuffled order from somewhere/someone else, but that's a much shorter delivery time than we anticipated. It jumped to step 4-5 within two weeks. Be prepared for a much shorter wait time than indicated.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ordered AWD: Apr 8
Switched to RWD: Apr 15
Arrived at dealership: May 17
Zero games, paid MSRP and nothing added at all.
That's only one month. It could have been a reshuffled order from somewhere/someone else, but that's a much shorter delivery time than we anticipated. It jumped to step 4-5 within two weeks. Be prepared for a much shorter wait time than indicated.
I’m certainly down with that schedule. The quicker I can tell big oil to kiss off, the better. I loathe the entire enterprise. Thanks for the information. How are you liking it?

·
14 Posts
I’m certainly down with that schedule. The quicker I can tell big oil to kiss off, the better. I loathe the entire enterprise. Thanks for the information. How are you liking it?
It's phenomenal. After one week, we still have questions, but there are some pretty good resources showing up now. These three are a pretty good place to start:
Charging the ID.4
Infotainment How-to
2021 ID.4- Knowing your VW

I figure most of the infotainment issues are learning curve, human error, or will be fixed OTA, so I'm not sweating that stuff too much. Our biggest pain point is charging and that's just because we only have 2-3 EA spots in Central Florida and we just got our level 2 Wallbox charger today, so that won't be bad for much longer. We were also so excited to tell big oil to kiss off because our other vehicle is a Ford F350 Superduty (gasp I know) and if I never have to pay to fill that up or try and maneuver it through a drive-thru again, I'll be happy, but obviously, we'll just drive it less and keep it for utilitarian purposes.

We got the ID.4 ceramic coated yesterday and it's slick, I highly recommend it, but best practice would be to ask the dealership to not do you the favor of washing it first. That one wash when we picked it up left enough swirls to make more work for the detailer, which in turn cost us a little bit extra. We paid $1000 for the coating and I gave him another $250 for prep work. He showed us in the sun how they had left the marks, but I had already noticed what a terrible wash job they'd done on it. In the end, though, it's just a car, so to each their own.

The only time I've noticed anyone looking at it as if they're interested was on the turnpike the other day when I was stuck next to a Prius with a bumper sticker that said "67mpg". I was kind of laughing because our window stickers say "97mpg". I think they saw me looking at them first and then checked out the car. I don't think people know what it is yet, so the next couple months are going to be very interesting. Hope you get yours quickly!

·
14 Posts
Haha I’m not that principled— let’s just say I hate the price tag at the pumps.

·
167 Posts
Getting a car that had originally been assigned to someone else is the only possible explanation for getting yours 32 days after going to step 2. I'm not expecting that to happen in my case, but recognize it is possible.

·
14 Posts
Getting a car that had originally been assigned to someone else is the only possible explanation for getting yours 32 days after going to step 2. I'm not expecting that to happen in my case, but recognize it is possible.
I can only assume that’s what happened because it was also right around the time VW did some shuffling of reservations and everyone was skipping steps 3&4 almost entirely. Or it could be because they added that third shift at one of the Germany plants. I really don’t know, but we weren’t anywhere near ready for it— no charger and no space in the garage yet.
Maybe others who had the same experience could chime in if this seems like a new, quicker pattern of delivery is occurring recently.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts