Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should order any day and have a hard time with what I should order.
1.DCC?
2.Infotaiment with 12"?
3.Top sport plus interior?

(already decided that I will order towbar, assistant plus, comfort package plus)

·
134 Posts
Honestly, for us and for a friend who ordered hers a few weeks ago, the question of "leather or cloth?" was one of the biggest decisions to make. We wanted leather because easy-to-clean is important with children, while our friend wanted cloth because she feels leather can get too hot. (I haven't had that problem with my past GTI or with my Honda, but everyone has different perceptions).

She also prefers to not have a sunroof, again because of heat, although I did let her know that there is a sunshade. So she chose the Pro AWD. I did make sure to explain to her that the center screen is a little smaller but has the same functions, and that the headlights in the Pro aren't steerable but are still LED. She was fine with that.

We're both happy with our choices and I'm looking forward to eventually being able to compare the two back-to-back. But probably not for at least a year given the size of the order backlogs. I don't think hers will arrive until late 2023. But we'll see! Hoping for this August for mine.

So I figure that's the thing to start looking at when you look at the option packages available in Sweden.

Reactions: Timpa

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments, it would be easiest to order everything :) but too expensive.

My car dealer will have a GTX week 46 this year, it has 12" but not DCC and top sport/sunroof.
It comes in stone washed blue which is a really nice color.
Maybe better to wait to get the car the way I want it.

Regarding leather, I have a convertible with black leather, it must always be in the shade 🥵😄

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
3,947 Posts
In the USA we get "leatherette" (aka vinyl). It cleans very easily, esp. the now cheaply dyed denim. No natural leather except for the steering wheel, and that's said to be going away when another capacitive-capable product is introduced.

Although I prefer lighter colored seating the black that came in my FE really hasn't been a solar-loading issue with the glass roof screen closed (the UV tinted glass itself is also quite good).

Ok, I'll now show my acronym ignorance - what is "DCC?"

·
2021 AWD Pro S
1,760 Posts
Ok, I'll now show my acronym ignorance - what is "DCC?"
DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) which varies the stiffness of the shock absorbers with really quick response. VW calls them "electronically adjustable adaptive dampers". Edit: VW in AU calls it ACC:

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
3,947 Posts
Ahhh... Ok, thanks. I had the electronically adjustable adaptive dampers (magnetic fluid) on my TTS. They were quite good at doing their primary job of keeping rubber on the road, in fact too good imho for everyday driving. But then the ID.4 is much larger/heavier and should work well for same. After all it was developed by DARPA for HMMWV way back when (I was tangentially involved in same).

"DCC" was alien to me, but now makes sense as another descriptor. ;) And of course our USA ID.4's don't come with adjustable dampers ... at least not yet.
DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) which varies the stiffness of the shock absorbers with really quick response. VW calls them "electronically adjustable adaptive dampers". Edit: VW in AU calls it ACC:

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, DCC is really nice, I have it on my Cupra Leon and there is really a difference between sport-comfort.

DCC for ID.4 in Sweden is called sports package plus.

By the way, when I think about it, I have "leatherette" on my convertible (vette), not leather. Seems to be the same in Teslas. Is it "leatherette" in most cars in the US?
Audi and BMW too?

·
134 Posts
Is it "leatherette" in most cars in the US?
Audi and BMW too?
I think so. It's pretty good quality, though, and there's a surprising number of people who don't want actual leather in their vehicles - either because they're vegan or they just generally don't want to increase demand for cattle products (the industry is a huge greenhouse gas emitter).

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
3,947 Posts
Alas there was very little difference in my TTS DCC between dynamic and comfort. On smooth country roads it was fine but once I moved to a more built-up suburban area its days were numbered. The ID.4 is quite comfortable for me even without any suspension adjustment (although we have an Infotainment placebo setting).

Yes, most have now gone to leatherette. I was somewhat surprised that my wife's fully optioned MB GLA 250 had no leather seats (other than by a custom interior order). Part of this is cost savings and part animal rights (PETA) in the USA. Note again that the leather steering wheel is supposed to also transition to another product. My 2016 TTS had leather seating but as part of overall weight savings very thin cushions and the typically fairly hard German leather so not much benefit and given too much leather treatment on my part a bit slippery (case in point for Alcantara in sportscars).

The current leatherette is actually quite good and lightyears ahead in quality over vinyl of days long past. My wife had leather seats in her Lexus's for many years and arguably the best, but she was surprisingly accepting of the "MB-tex" leatherette. In fact I don't think she knew until I mentioned it in passing (yeah, even after all this time I've still not learned to keep my mouth shut in such situations). :ROFLMAO:
Yes, DCC is really nice, I have it on my Cupra Leon and there is really a difference between sport-comfort.

DCC for ID.4 in Sweden is called sports package plus.

By the way, when I think about it, I have "leatherette" on my convertible (vette), not leather. Seems to be the same in Teslas. Is it "leatherette" in most cars in the US?
Audi and BMW too?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts