Volkswagen ID Forum banner

How long to go from step 03 to step 15-1?

• 4 wk

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 6 wk,

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 8 wk

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 10 wk

• 12 wk

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 14 wk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16 wk

• 18 wk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20+ wks

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • <2 wks

Votes: 6 17.1%

Time from Lock (orderstatuscode 03) to Build (orderstatuscode 15-1,15-2, 20-1)?

19K views 110 replies 33 participants last post by  koos502002 
#1 ·
So, I'm sitting at orderstatuscode 03 and have been since I locked on August 19th. That's not an unreasonable amount of time, but I'm curious how long it's taken other's cars to go from 03 to the next step. Specifically, How long to go from 03 to 15-1?

#2 ·
i don't see my option listed, it would have been less than a week for sure. First time I used the developer tools was only a few days at the most after locking the order, and it has always been 15-1.

I was on 15-1 for over 3 months, than 15-2 for 14 days. On the last day I got the vin, and the day after I moved to 20-1.

#3 ·
i don't see my option listed, it would have been less than a week for sure. First time I used the developer tools was only a few days at the most after locking the order, and it has always been 15-1.

I was on 15-1 for over 3 months, than 15-2 for 14 days. On the last day I got the vin, and the day after I moved to 20-1.
What configuration did you order and when?

#6 ·
My dates look similar to Ben V's and I've tried to outline the expected timeline in a separate thread. Ordered a Pro S Gradient AWD in late-May and locked mid-June (6/21). I'm not sure when the status changed from 15-1 to 15-2 as it was already 15-2 when I figured out how to check it. Noticed status changed to 20-1 on 9/7 but only got the email that it was leaving the factory on 9/9. Still in 20-1, which I believe suggests it has left the factory but not on a boat yet based on comments from users in other threads here. I'm monitoring vessel activity for stops in Emden to try to figure out what triggers the change to 20-2, which some suggest means it is on a boat.

#7 ·
My dates look similar to Ben V's and I've tried to outline the expected timeline in a separate thread. Ordered a Pro S Gradient AWD in late-May and locked mid-June (6/21).
I locked my order the same day as you, except for a Pro S AWD, non Gradient. I'm still at order locked. Looks like the next ship coming over is the Bishu Highway due in the 29th of September. If my status doesn't change before this ship leaves Germany, is there any chance my car will be inside the Oct-Nov window I'm given?

#20 ·
So I just moved to 10 overnight as well and I now have a commisionNumber, where this was null when at code 03.

#21 ·
I saw this posted somewhere else.

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at dealer

#22 · (Edited)
If we add these others, then we get a decent list but they keep adding more!:
15-1 - Vehicle Scheduled For Production
15-2 Vehicle in production
20-1 Production complete, VIN assigned
20-2 Left the factory
30-2 Arriving in the US
35-1 released to the transporter (rail?)
35-2 released to the transporter (truck?)
50 Arriving at dealer (old code)

Note I think 10 = locked but not scheduled since I was at 10 for a long time and just moved to 15-1 Vehicle Scheduled For Production. Dealer says the estimated date is Dec15-31 while portal still says Sep-Oct.

#23 ·
Note I think 10 = locked but not scheduled since I was at 10 for a long time and just moved to 15-1 Vehicle Scheduled For Production. Dealer says the estimated date is Dec15-31 while portal still says Sep-Oct.
Sep-Oct does seem unlikely. But I hope it's not Dec-15-31 for you as that would mean I'd get pushed into next year. My portal still says 11/1-12/1, but the only way that's happening is if the car gets built this month.

#29 ·
There are two locations with a delivery date. One location shows null for me (at orderstatuscode 10) and one shows 11/1-12/1. But the interesting one is "estimatedProductionDate": null, Does this field ever get updated? Say at step 15-2?

#30 ·
Well, shifted to 10-2 today, whatever that means. Probably that I've been on Status 10 for 2 weeks. :) My status seems to change on Wednesdays. My delivery still shows as Nov-Dec. In summary, that's:

Reserve 8/11
Lock 8/19
Status=10 9/15
Status=10-2 9/29

#40 ·
If I want to get a RWD delivered in January 2022 (for tax reasons), when should I send in my 100 buck deposit?

#43 ·
Dealer says it takes 6-8 weeks to get a RWD car, so I was planning to put in my $100 in November. Maybe I will move that a bit earlier. Or maybe the dealer is doing the optimistic sales pitch thing... 🙄

#44 ·
I'm inclined to think the dealer is being VERY optimistic for a few reasons. from my personal experience, it took a month between production being finished and it getting to the US, which is the latest status of my car. If that holds true, 4 out of the 8 weeks will be tied up in just moving the car from Germany to the US. That means you'd have to go from placing your reservation to completing production in 4 weeks. 4 weeks seems like plenty of time to produce a car but 1) there's a log jam of reservations ahead of you (though not clear how prioritization works) 2) there's the ongoing chip shortage.

Not trying to put a damper on the dealer's optimism but don't want you to have unrealistically high expectations either.

#50 ·
An update: We were on OSC 10 since locking on 12 Aug for a RWD Pro S. About 5 days ago, it mysteriously changed to 10-2, which I hoped was a sign of progress. Today it changed to 15-1, so the 10-2 does appear to indicate imminent addition to the production schedule.

#57 ·
My wheel of torture has changed the Estimated Pickup date as well... now showing as Dec. 1, 2021 - Jan. 1, 2022

My designated dealership however told me today that my ID.4 is "on the build soon list with an estimated ETA of Feb. It's subject to change of course".

I guess I need to figure out a way to be patient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.