Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone who already has their car please post their general timeline between steps? My 1st edition left the factory on March 14th. I would really like an idea of when I can expect it in the states and then at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
921 Posts
Would someone who already has their car please post their general timeline between steps? My 1st edition left the factory on March 14th. I would really like an idea of when I can expect it in the states and then at the dealership.
I guess you are on step 4. The big question is which ship the thing is on, and at which port will your car be unloaded (that is mostly determined by which dealer you selected). Your best bet is to look at the logistics thread - people are tracking various ships as they come and go.

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess you are on step 4. The big question is which ship the thing is on, and at which port will your car be unloaded (that is mostly determined by which dealer you selected). Your best bet is to look at the logistics thread - people are tracking various ships as they come and go.
Alot of people have talked about the logistics thread and I can't find it. Would you please post a link?

·
397 Posts
MY dealer told me yesterday that my ID4 is on the Siem Cicero. That left on 3/20-21. But VW told me that it left the factory on 6-6-21, so it could not have been shipped on 3/20-21! So is VW correct or is my dealer correct? Just have to wait and see. I asked the dealer to recheck that shipping information but sometimes he is unresponsive for a few days! My dealer also tells me that the only ID4 they have received is the fist edition demo. Everything moves at a slow pace in central Arkansas. I live in the mountains and there are folks here that have no electricity! They charge their cell phones from their vehicle - which is usually a pickup.

·
214 Posts
MY dealer told me yesterday that my ID4 is on the Siem Cicero. That left on 3/20-21. But VW told me that it left the factory on 6-6-21, so it could not have been shipped on 3/20-21! So is VW correct or is my dealer correct? Just have to wait and see. I asked the dealer to recheck that shipping information but sometimes he is unresponsive for a few days! My dealer also tells me that the only ID4 they have received is the fist edition demo. Everything moves at a slow pace in central Arkansas. I live in the mountains and there are folks here that have no electricity! They charge their cell phones from their vehicle - which is usually a pickup.
If VW told you it left in the future, I'd say they can't be correct. :-D Even if you meant 4/6, I'd have trouble right now believing either date, but I'd give a slight edge to the one from VW. Best plan is to just not overthink it until the Semicircle of Sadness reaches at least step 5.

·
397 Posts
If VW told you it left in the future, I'd say they can't be correct. :-D Even if you meant 4/6, I'd have trouble right now believing either date, but I'd give a slight edge to the one from VW. Best plan is to just not overthink it until the Semicircle of Sadness reaches at least step 5.
Yes, that was a typo, it left on 4-6-21.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
921 Posts
Yes, that was a typo, it left on 4-6-21.
4-6 would have to be SIEM Aristotle. It left Emden on 04/08, and is on the way to Davisville RI.

There are two ships in the English Channel headed back to Emden - Viking Queen and Felicity Ace. Both to arrive on 04/11, but Felicity Ace is ahead.

·
397 Posts
4-6 would have to be SIEM Aristotle. It left Emden on 04/08, and is on the way to Davisville RI.

There are two ships in the English Channel headed back to Emden - Viking Queen and Felicity Ace. Both to arrive on 04/11, but Felicity Ace is ahead.
I saw that. My chart shows Felicity Ace leaving Emden on 4/7-8 but that is not going to happen! The SIEM Aristotle is heading for the Houston shipping channel right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts