Volkswagen ID Forum banner
521 - 540 of 572 Posts

·
2021 VW iD4 1st Edition Glacier White
194 Posts
i was hoping there would be a way to boost the output a little bit like you can in other cars, but with all the software lockdowns i'm not holding my breath.
I think additional power will be a paid update in the future. That is what they have been saying in Europe.

·
521 Posts
I think they are moving forward. The future (and present tbf) is streaming media services.

USB sticks full of music are pretty old hat and probably used by a small % of users.
NO, USB, SD, TF are NOT old hat for those of us who do not use streaming or keep volumes of tunes on our phone. There are many who do not keep data turned on all the time on their phones; why pay the extra fee each month! I have have a half a dozen memory cards of some ilk that I have thousands of tunes on. Even my cab farm tractor has both USB and TF slots, but no streaming. And, believe it or not some folks still listen to the radio! 😉

·
521 Posts
A quick follow-up to the folder view / album cover issue. I kept reading in the owners manual that file folders could be viewed but wasn't seeing them on my screen. The problem has been solved!

Instead of choosing MEDIA/MUSIC to pick your songs, go directly to the device by selecting MEDIA/USB1 (or 2) and then you see the actual file folders. At that point, you can view all the individual subfolders grouped as they were created on the drive. Interestingly, when you play music chosen through this path, the album art magically displays even when it is not attached to the track.

Not the most intuitive way to do things and it does create and extra step or two, but it does give the results I want.

BTW, I never did receive a reply from VW Customer Care over my question to them. That's a shade disappointing but guess they are busy.
The album art is not magically displaying, it is picking it up off the Internet.

·
240 Posts
The album art is not magically displaying, it is picking it up off the Internet.
No, it is not picking up the artwork from the internet. These are the album cover jpgs that I included in the folder when I loaded in the flac files on the SD card. I have a number of albums that have custom images that are not available on the internet. The interesting thing is that the cover art displays when the track to play is selected using the folder view (Media/USB1/Folder) method, but does not display when the track is selected using the Media/Music pathway.

·
20 Posts
I'll start this with a couple of my recommendations:

• widen the narrow armrests by an inch or two.
• put garage door opener buttons on the mirror as a standard feature
• reduce the volume of the pedestrian warning sound a little. It would be really nice if the sound only came on when a nearby person was detected.

View attachment 2427
I love the addition of the garage door opener on the heads-up middle console. Real good idea. Or put it on the mirror.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,131 Posts
I love the addition of the garage door opener on the heads-up middle console. Real good idea. Or put it on the mirror.
You can just buy the Homelink mirror from VW - installation is a 10 minute DIY. I have it on mine - a number of others also have it now. Instructions are in a different thread here..

·
White Pro S
342 Posts
NO, USB, SD, TF are NOT old hat for those of us who do not use streaming or keep volumes of tunes on our phone. There are many who do not keep data turned on all the time on their phones; why pay the extra fee each month! I have have a half a dozen memory cards of some ilk that I have thousands of tunes on. Even my cab farm tractor has both USB and TF slots, but no streaming. And, believe it or not some folks still listen to the radio! 😉
I have my FLACs on my plex server and just play them that way. If you've got the storage you can also convert them to ALAC and put them on your iphone and play it in the regular music player, and apple music has lossless now too. Between those two I've not bothered with USB.

·
52 Posts
Probably discussed somewhere in this thread already, but I really like to see sharper accelerator response in sport mode. The current implementation appears to go through hot molasses before hitting the motor.
One thing to remember is the drivetrain setting in 'sport' mode reverts to either eco or comfort when the car is powered off. Upon restart, you have to click off sport and back on to reenable sport drivetrain, which should re-enable the crisper accelerator response.

·
40 Posts
Features I would love to see:
1. Auto-hold brake
2. Ability to stream your netflix from your car only while charging
3. Navigation directs you to Electrify America Stations along routes. Not other providers

·
34 Posts
I find the blind spot monitor underwhelming. First there's already a yellow light in the outside mirror for turn signaling and the yellow light for blind spot warning is in the same general area. Second, there should be an audible warning as well.

·
2021 VW iD4 1st Edition Glacier White
194 Posts
I find the blind spot monitor underwhelming. First there's already a yellow light in the outside mirror for turn signaling and the yellow light for blind spot warning is in the same general area. Second, there should be an audible warning as well.
Audible warning will get old quickly when you have a car every 10 seconds in your blind spot.

·
ID4 1st Edition Blue Dusk Metallic/Black/Silver
18 Posts
Features I would love to see:
1. Auto-hold brake
2. Ability to stream your netflix from your car only while charging
3. Navigation directs you to Electrify America Stations along routes. Not other providers
Auto hold is standard on my UK model. It seems so strange how models vary so much in different parts of the world.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,300 Posts
Many items, especially drivability related, are under the purview of a country's department of transportation approval and their relative hot buttons for certain items in particular. And of course the time consuming approval inertia of any bureaucracy.

One interesting item, among many, is the relatively high graphite content of German brake pads, mandated there for its better stopping power, but at the compromise of excessive dust. It seems in particular every BMW you see has black-coated front wheels as a result.

Another is the generally superior German bluish headlights over the historically yellowish American. In fact far/low-penetrating bluish LED headlights were the number one criteria for my wife selecting her Benz GLA in moving away from her late to the party bi-xenon yellow Caddy ATS 'lights. In fairness Benz was rather late to the LED party as well and we had to have her LED-equipped 2018 transferred from an out of state dealership.
Auto hold is standard on my UK model. It seems so strange how models vary so much in different parts of the world.

521 - 540 of 572 Posts