Volkswagen ID Forum banner

41 - 60 of 287 Posts

·
ID.4 FE
93 Posts
Nope, not [yet] an Electrify America App update for iPhone 12, but good to read that they've done so for other brands. That indicates some effort to resolve.
Which is weird to me that you are having such issues. Granted, I had the EA app installed a while ago (last fall in WAY advance preparation for my ID4) on my iPhone 12Max Pro, but I have not had any of the problems you are encountering. It must be an issue with the installer rather than the update/modify.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
780 Posts
Ironically it works fine on the iPad with same current iOS (I too had it installed and waiting quite some time ago on same). I installed it back then of course only with an interest in the charger mapping. But of course not convenient to haul around and my iPad is WiFi only. So yes it would seem to be an iPhone 12 Mini - EA App installer issue as I've refreshed my download/installation at their direction? I've not input my code data into the iPad App as I didn't want to potentially muddy the waters with my account (even tho' I have the Muddy Buddy :ROFLMAO:

btw: I get the splash screen and then the "Face ID or not" selection. Either one I pick I then get the next screen of text but locks on same and I have to do a manual up-swipe closing of the App.

Which is weird to me that you are having such issues. Granted, I had the EA app installed a while ago (last fall in WAY advance preparation for my ID4) on my iPhone 12Max Pro, but I have not had any of the problems you are encountering. It must be an issue with the installer rather than the update/modify.

·
285 Posts
Nope, not [yet] an Electrify America App update for iPhone 12, but good to read that they've done so for other brands. That indicates some effort to resolve.
My iPhone 8 Plus still locks up. When I was picking up my car the dealer tried to install the EA app and failed. EA opened a ticket at that time. On Tuesday, my third automatic try, I had to call the 800 number, yet again, I connected with the same guy who tried to help us when I picked up my FE and he submitted a second ticket.
Ya know there must be a lot of frustrated FE iPhone owners out there. I'm sure the help line is getting tired of me/us calling in too. At least calling in, an unreasonable work-around, works.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue Somewhere on the Gulf?
386 Posts
My iPhone 8 Plus still locks up. When I was picking up my car the dealer tried to install the EA app and failed. EA opened a ticket at that time. On Tuesday, my third automatic try, I had to call the 800 number, yet again, I connected with the same guy who tried to help us when I picked up my FE and he submitted a second ticket.
Ya know there must be a lot of frustrated FE iPhone owners out there. I'm sure the help line is getting tired of me/us calling in too. At least calling in, an unreasonable work-around, works.
But this is how the right pressure gets put on the developers. Wide spread bugs gets way more attention than a bug only affecting a few people as long as everyone or most everyone reports it. It's annoying, a pain, but it will get addressed. I hope everyone realized that by buying a new vehicle and infrastructure, we are all Beta Testers for the next 6 months.

Reactions: BlueDH and Huey52

·
Proud FE owner
887 Posts
One of many questions I have regarding this photo is do people currently dress this way in Germany?
I believe the story is that this was from a shoot at a China auto show. This is one of the last prototype images in their digital assets.

Reactions: Bindslind

·
285 Posts
But this is how the right pressure gets put on the developers. Wide spread bugs gets way more attention than a bug only affecting a few people as long as everyone or most everyone reports it. It's annoying, a pain, but it will get addressed. I hope everyone realized that by buying a new vehicle and infrastructure, we are all Beta Testers for the next 6 months.
True, I keep forgetting that.

·
15 Posts
I just checked the App Store and was prompted to download an EA app update, version 5.10.2, which states it was added 18 hours ago.

Edit: A new Car-Net as well. Version 2021.3.1, also 18 hours ago.

·
3 Posts
Oh, yes! They look threatening, like we dare you to proceed, or just wait til you try to get information. Really, VW?
It's funny because at some dealers you can walk around looking at cars and when you try to approach the one electric car they have that picture is exactly what it feels like, with those being the sales people working there. VW pretty much nailed it with that picture.

·
32 Posts
The rear camera doesn't work all that well in the dark.
When you have the camera up in the bottom right of screen you can access camera settings. I made some brightness/contrast adjustments, and the result is marginal but improved. I hate how fisheyed / distorted the camera appears though.

·
32 Posts
I picked up my ID.4 over the weekend, and am still enthused. I'll share some observations in the next few days. But right off the bat, there's been something driving me crazy. Perhaps I'm missing it, but shouldn't there be a button - physical or first level display, to identify the nearest charging stations? I can navigate to it, but this would seem to be an important feature. What am I missing?
You need to subscribe to enhanced navigation in the carnet app for routing. Personally, I’m going to try it out for a month and compare to ABRP.

·
Proud FE owner
887 Posts
Folder view when playing media from a USB source.

Reactions: theboomr

·
Proud FE owner
887 Posts
Would love for Netflix, YouTube, etc on native/CarPlay/android auto.
Anyone know if a chrome cast would work?
I've played an mp4 from the USB (without DRM). Would be nice to have YouTube for all the VW media. ;)

Reactions: amartko

·
285 Posts
VW please include a charging cable that can plug into a standard NEMA 14-50 240V outlet. The included 120 V cable is pretty much useless. I could then recharge at various places on the road such as campsites, peoples garages, etc.
The NEMA 14-50 is what you plug your L2 wall charger to not your ID.4.
I don't know anyone who has a NEMA 14-50 in their garage.

41 - 60 of 287 Posts