Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised to see Toyota’s EV concept looks close to production worthy. As some who has owned 3 Toyota’s I have no interest in this vehicle. Something looks really wrong with the steering wheel and instrument cluster.

·
267 Posts
Surprised to see Toyota’s EV concept looks close to production worthy. As some who has owned 3 Toyota’s I have no interest in this vehicle. Something looks really wrong with the steering wheel and instrument cluster.

It's better than I expected but definitely has the awkwardness Toyota has become known for on both inside and outside. It's like they used a fighter jet cockpit as the driver's theme. The exterior is pretty good other than the hood being too long because the front overhang is too long. Toyota, there's no transverse ICE up there so why so much overhang!

Reactions: LittleJoe

·
2021 First Edition
179 Posts
Finally, a replacement for the RAV4 EV.

Too bad Volkswagen got to me first or I might seriously consider it.

·
ID.4 FE GW
506 Posts
Finally, a replacement for the RAV4 EV.

Too bad Volkswagen got to me first or I might seriously consider it.
We'll see how much of the concept becomes reality and if/when it goes on sale in the US. Also notice the swoopy roof toward the tailgate - probably done to maximize aerodynamics but will reduce usable cargo volume.

·
2021 First Edition
179 Posts
We'll see how much of the concept becomes reality and if/when it goes on sale in the US. Also notice the swoopy roof toward the tailgate - probably done to maximize aerodynamics but will reduce usable cargo volume.
I noticed in this image, it looks slightly wider than the current RAV.

But who knows... wait and see.

·
267 Posts
General consensus is that it's a concept in name only and that we are looking at the production model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts