Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Toyota's approach to EVs

10K views 165 replies 36 participants last post by  Huey52 
I've been looking for a place to post the following, and since this topic is about Toyota, it'll do.

I live in an area where there are lots of EVs. I'd say I've seen at least one of just about every EV currently on the market around here, with the exception of the bZ4X/Solterra twins. Well, that changed the other day when I finally saw a bZ4X in the parking lot at work no less! I will say it is not as butt-ugly in person as it typically looks online. I took a few photos:

I'm guessing the owner is either a diehard Toyota fan, or they got it for a steal. I can't think of any other reason to own one.

"Most public chargers can take anywhere from 8-30 hrs to charge" yea that's called data manipulation. No one driving an EV on a road trip would not use a L2 charger except for over night stays. Toyota just got to much $$$ in hybrids and they are fighting to not lose those sales.
It's a shame the statement is true, ehh?
The statement may be true in that there may be a greater number of public Level 2 charging points installed vs. DCFC.

But if you account for number of kWh of electricity delivered to travelers I'm confident the data is out there to support most is delivered by DCFC in some time block spanning 30 to 60 minutes.

Drivers who have the time for Level 2 should use Level 2. Drivers who need speed should use DCFC.

I could be wrong, but I think Atlant's reply was just a comment on the double negative used in pooge30's post.

Reactions: pooge30
No, I was referring to the fact that if you read Toyota's statement literally, it is (today) absolutely true and it does us no credit to deny the truth of the statement.

Ha, okay. Well, I was wrong then, thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: Atlant