Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been driving and all four sensors show loss of pressure? Once I turn the car off and back on again it reads the pressure as sufficient. This has now happened four times and it makes me think I need four all new sensors? Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,571 Posts
VAG employs TPMS via the ABS-computer systems, measuring differential wheel rotation, and thereby an alert if outside the saved threshold. That's why it's important to re-save your threshold whenever you increase/decrease pressure and/or swap wheels.

There are no in-tire sensors in the ID.4.

exceptions: The TTRS and some other VAG RS vehicles do use in-tire sensors so as to display precise discrete tire pressures at all times. But that's more a track-oriented capability.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. But is it normal to have to constantly be re-setting the threshold--like any time I get on the highway? Plus, the tire light remains on for the duration of the car being on. But the tire setting indicates that the pressure is sufficient but won't reset until the car is re-started.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,571 Posts
No, it's not normal to have to constantly reset the threshold. Of course on a very hot day and a long road trip it's possible for the tire pressures to rise enough to move out of the threshold. However that's atypical as the threshold window is pretty wide (by my experience, I have no numbers to offer).

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It hasn't been that hot and it has been going off the last 3 days after about 15-20 min on the highway. I'll bring up it up at my 30 day inspection.
Thanks for your help.

·
407 Posts
Here is what I do: When the car has been parked for at least an hour, with an accurate tire gauge, set all four tires to the recommended pressure or even a couple of pounds more. Then go to the vehicle screen and vehicle status and click on tires. Exit all. Then see what happens when you drive. If you are still getting a warning, you need to see your dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts