Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kings Red ID. 4 Pro | MK7.5 Night Blue e-Golf SEL Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ID. 4 MY21 has all the safety systems (inc. front facing camera) but for whatever reason it doesn’t display traffic signs in instrument cluster.

It does read road signs as I have enabled the warning when speed is exceeded and indeed it warns me that I have exceeded the speed limit and it updates as soon as it picks up a new speed sign.

Sometimes the car displays the last speed sign it detected on the instrument cluster when i first turn on the car but just for a second or two though and would disappear.

I have changed traffic sign recognition from road sign fusion to detection and that made no difference.
I have also enabled Traffic sign recognition 0x21 to activated (was deactivated) and Traffic sign recognition Ox21 msg bus to activated (was deactivated) as well using Obdeleven long coding and that also made no difference.

So what else is there to do to get road signs be displayed on the instrument cluster?

Reason for changing road sign “fusion” to “detection” is because navigation is not working (car is imported) so there are no road signs stored in the navigation maps to rely on

·
769 Posts
Where are you located? Is this an exported gray market Chinese-made ID.4? If so, you may be out of luck because the dynamic road sign recognition system cross references the camera’s readings with the live nav data, which isn’t available for gray market vehicles. The system depends on this nav data to work safely and properly. This is to ensure that the car doesn't feed you wrong speed sign information and tell you the speed limit is 120 kph on a narrow urban street, even if the camera mistakenly registers a highway speed sign.

Reactions: Eric Nay

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you located? Is this an exported gray market Chinese-made ID.4? If so, you may be out of luck because the dynamic road sign recognition system cross references the camera’s readings with the live nav data, which isn’t available for gray market vehicles. The system depends on this nav data to work safely and properly. This is to ensure that the car doesn't feed you wrong speed sign information and tell you the speed limit is 120 kph on a narrow urban street, even if the camera mistakenly registers a highway speed sign.
Yes, it is a Chinese-made ID.4.
I understand that the system relies on data from detecting the actual signs(using the car’s camera) and the car’s nav system.
The weird thing is I have been in other Chinese-made ID. 4’s that somehow display road signs on the instrument cluster, this is what actually made me think it must be a coding issue.

·
Blue ProS RWD is in my garage! Only took 187 days.
664 Posts
The nav system has street speed limits built in. I have used that program (HERE Maps) and it can alert based on your speed and the knowledge of the speed limit for that street. AFAIK the camera doesn't read street signs. But I could be wrong.

·
769 Posts
Yes, it is a Chinese-made ID.4.
I understand that the system relies on data from detecting the actual signs(using the car’s camera) and the car’s nav system.
The weird thing is I have been in other Chinese-made ID. 4’s that somehow display road signs on the instrument cluster, this is what actually made me think it must be a coding issue.
Are these also gray market iD.4’s located outside of China? If so, then I don’t know how they’re getting it to work properly. Sorry.

·
669 Posts
The nav system has street speed limits built in. I have used that program (HERE Maps) and it can alert based on your speed and the knowledge of the speed limit for that street. AFAIK the camera doesn't read street signs. But I could be wrong.
The lane change camera does read traffic signs for the dynamic road signs.
Article

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone with an ID. 4 with working traffic sign recognition with OBDeleven / VCDS please share their long coding scans of module 5f (multimedia) and module A5 (assist systems).
Thinking this might be the only chance of getting this to work.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts