Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sept 23, 2020 AWD Pro Statement reservation and just received notification that my delivery window has changed to Oct-Dec 2021.

I am a long time lurker here and have been compelled to register and post my frustration here, just to vent.

I love/d VW, I've owned many since 1994, and many TDi's, in fact I just picked up my 3rd Touareg, I don't have the previous 2, but this is just terrible. Beyond the issues I've read about certain things not making it here from the German offerings to the lack of transparency between pricing, let's just make it MSRP, we want this vehicle, and now this.

What are others thoughts on this whole process, understanding shipping logistics with COVID19, etc.???
Are people holding out? The Ariya has many compelling reasons to buy as does the Bolt with super cruise but both, and other BEVs like the MachE have negatives.

Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

Thanks,
Steven

·
214 Posts
I'd suggest looking at this post from earlier:

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd suggest looking at this post from earlier:

Just saw, thank you!

·
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
404 Posts
I also have a 9/23 pre-order for an AWD model. However, I still haven't received any kind of notice from VW that the order has been delayed. Weird.

·
837 Posts
I also have a 9/23 pre-order for an AWD model. However, I still haven't received any kind of notice from VW that the order has been delayed. Weird.
I'm in the same boat, locked in my AWD model earlier this week and the the VW email showing the delay was posted. I didn't get the letter, but my dealer confirmed the delivery delay. There is a good chance this delay just killed my ID.4 for now.

·
97 Posts
Same thoughts here. Just a little perturbed that if indeed all AWD’s are delayed further that they did the lock in this far in advance. After all, “Now that your order is locked, production can begin. We have started manufacturing your all-new ID.4. You will be notified when production is complete.”

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To whom it may concern, VW,

Again, I love VW, from my Audi 5000, 94 Jetta, 03 GLi, 05 Jetta TDi, 06 V8 T1 w/center and rear lockers, 12 Passat TDi, 12 T3 TDi, 04 V8 T1 w/ center and rear lockers, I had been anxiously awaiting my AWD ID4, however I've just canceled my reservation. In my situation, as I mentioned,

I will miss: The suspension dampers, roof sunshade, 3 years of free charging(when needed), blind spot indicator LEDs in mirrors(wifes desire), Apple Carplay/Android Auto, probably some other things.
I would have waited if we got or had the option for: HUD, Area View, the premium seats with thigh extensions

I am taking delivery of a 2021 MY today and I like: The seats, heat pump, dual pane glass, the obvious speed/range/charge network(when needed), rear passenger comfort, again probably other things as I haven't even yet taken delivery

For me I was paying on a vehicle I knew I would be selling and the delay only increase the # of payments and decreased the value of the trade/sale. Combining the months saved, exceptional used car resale market, extended warranty prorated refund and I found a discounted inventory MY(which still qualifies for $1500 and $2000 back) I am in CA, the cost was nearly identical and yet I'd have our EV now.

I am certain I'll get a VW again and I look forward to updated ID4s and even the Buzz.

Can't wait to see the ID4s on the road and frankly my in-laws still have a RWD Pro on reservation.

Cheers

·
34 Posts
I have a Sept 23, 2020 AWD Pro Statement reservation and just received notification that my delivery window has changed to Oct-Dec 2021.

I am a long time lurker here and have been compelled to register and post my frustration here, just to vent.

I love/d VW, I've owned many since 1994, and many TDi's, in fact I just picked up my 3rd Touareg, I don't have the previous 2, but this is just terrible. Beyond the issues I've read about certain things not making it here from the German offerings to the lack of transparency between pricing, let's just make it MSRP, we want this vehicle, and now this.

What are others thoughts on this whole process, understanding shipping logistics with COVID19, etc.???
Are people holding out? The Ariya has many compelling reasons to buy as does the Bolt with super cruise but both, and other BEVs like the MachE have negatives.

Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

Thanks,
Steven
USA CA Pro Base went step 4 to 5 on 4/13/21 Res placed 9/23, 31 days step 4 to 5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.