Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this email from my dealer,
Dear Volkswagen Dealers,

As you may be aware, the first MY22 ID.4s have arrived in the US and are at port. For the last few weeks, we have been awaiting a software update in order to release these vehicles to you.
As of last week, we have begun flashing all ID.4s at port with an interim software 3.0.04 update. At this time, these units remain at port as we await final release authorization; you will be notified once vehicles can be released.
Please note that since this is an interim software update, there will be a future campaign inviting new owners of these ID.4s to come to your dealership to update their vehicle software to the final version of the software. More details on this process to come.
Below you will find some important information about what is happening now and what to expect next.
2,200 MY22 ID.4s currently held at port
These vehicles are currently undergoing the interim software update. As each vehicle update takes several hours, it will take a few weeks to complete all updates. Again, we are still waiting for authorization to release flashed cars from port. This week we will begin emailing impacted reservation holders to let them know to expect a delay of a few weeks due to this interim software update.
Soon-to-arrive MY22 ID.4s
Starting the week of June 20th, we will likely start to hold MY22 ID.4s that arrive at port in anticipation of the full software flash 3.1.1 update, which is currently slated to begin in late June or early July. More details are forthcoming. As vehicles arrive at port, we will email impacted reservation holders to let them know about the delay related due to this software update.
Our goal is to keep you as updated as possible on the status of the new MY22 ID.4s so that you can help manage your inventory flow and customer expectations. Thank you for your patience in this dynamic, changing environment. Rest assured, we are working to get these cars to you and our customers as quickly as possible.

·
Premium Member
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 First Edition
1,392 Posts
Starting the week of June 20th, we will likely start to hold MY22 ID.4s that arrive at port in anticipation of the full software flash 3.1.1 update, which is currently slated to begin in late June or early July.
I like the sound of this! At last we have a true version number and calendar dates that are more precise than "summer".

·
58 Posts
Dear Volkswagen Dealers,

As you may be aware, the first MY22 ID.4s have arrived in the US and are at port. For the last few weeks, we have been awaiting a software update in order to release these vehicles to you.
As of last week, we have begun flashing all ID.4s at port with an interim software 3.0.04 update. At this time, these units remain at port as we await final release authorization; you will be notified once vehicles can be released.
Please note that since this is an interim software update, there will be a future campaign inviting new owners of these ID.4s to come to your dealership to update their vehicle software to the final version of the software. More details on this process to come.
Below you will find some important information about what is happening now and what to expect next.
These vehicles are currently undergoing the interim software update. As each vehicle update takes several hours, it will take a few weeks to complete all updates. Again, we are still waiting for authorization to release flashed cars from port. This week we will begin emailing impacted reservation holders to let them know to expect a delay of a few weeks due to this interim software update.
Starting the week of June 20th, we will likely start to hold MY22 ID.4s that arrive at port in anticipation of the full software flash 3.1.1 update, which is currently slated to begin in late June or early July. More details are forthcoming. As vehicles arrive at port, we will email impacted reservation holders to let them know about the delay related due to this software update.
Our goal is to keep you as updated as possible on the status of the new MY22 ID.4s so that you can help manage your inventory flow and customer expectations. Thank you for your patience in this dynamic, changing environment. Rest assured, we are working to get these cars to you and our customers as quickly as possible.
Interesting, thanks for sharing these details. Still haven't seen anything from my dealer so I'm getting most of my information from here. My car has already been at the port for 3 weeks, but it sounds like they just started the interim software this past week, so a few weeks from then? Is there anyone able to explain what the "release authorization" entails? Would that be from VW or customs? Thanks! :)

·
158 Posts
It would seem more logical to me to ship new builds with 3.1.1, at least those built after June 20th. Mine's scheduled to be built around 6/24, so I guess we'll see what happens there.

·
222 Posts
The internet will have a field day with this once existing owners learn they’re not first in line to get the software update 🤣

·
1,052 Posts
The internet will have a field day with this once existing owners learn they’re not first in line to get the software update 🤣
Depends on your definition of update. Is it still an update if you got the vehicle with the newer software pre loaded? Or is it only an update if you own the car and then receive new software. Pedantic yet? 😂

·
450 Posts
Depends on your definition of update. Is it still an update if you got the vehicle with the newer software pre loaded? Or is it only an update if you own the car and then receive new software. Pedantic yet? 😂
Ooooo... 🤔

Dave

·
VW ID4 2022 Pro S RWD Moonstone Gray
56 Posts
Dear Volkswagen Dealers,

I've got a similar email from my dealer too. Hopefully, we'll get our long-waited cars soon.

·
168 Posts
This is wild.

Why would cars with 3.0.4 need to go to the dealer for update rather than OTA? Maybe this implies they don't yet have the new battery and that the next wave that will get 3.1.1 at the port will have the new battery?

·
130 Posts
This is wild.

Why would cars with 3.0.4 need to go to the dealer for update rather than OTA? Maybe this implies they don't yet have the new battery and that the next wave that will get 3.1.1 at the port will have the new battery?
This is very comical to watch unfold. I too suspected they don't have the batteries yet and 3.0.4 is a hack that allows the system to run with the old battery and also probably disables OTA just in case. So they are going to do a multi-hour install for a couple if statements.

The question is, who gets priority on 3.1.1? We 'legacy' ID.4 owners or the new 2022 owners who are specifically being told of a campaign to update to 3.1.1?

·
158 Posts
I think the reason the new cars get the update first is that VW itself sets up what’s at the port holding area. They can’t control what the dealers are doing, but they can make sure they’ve got workers installing updates before the cars leave their control so that they’re ready immediately for future updates.

The newest ones probably are leaving the factory with the newest 12V battery.

·
184 Posts
This is very comical to watch unfold. I too suspected they don't have the batteries yet and 3.0.4 is a hack that allows the system to run with the old battery and also probably disables OTA just in case. So they are going to do a multi-hour install for a couple if statements.

The question is, who gets priority on 3.1.1? We 'legacy' ID.4 owners or the new 2022 owners who are specifically being told of a campaign to update to 3.1.1?
I just want an update before it gets cold. I'm not sure I want to be first.

·
450 Posts

The 411s, of course

Dave

Reactions: LHNinME
1 - 20 of 135 Posts